World Cruise Center San Pedro

hiflamingo

Can anyone provide any information regarding what is around the pier in San Pedro? :rolleyes: We fly in from Honolulu at 6am and can not board the ship for hours for our cruise on May 3rd on the Sun. It would be nice to know if they will accept the luggage early and if there is some where to eat. Any information would be great.

Mahalo,

Bonnie:)

i'll be flying in from honolulu arriving at 6am also (on 4/22 however) but I guess i'll just have to wait it out. we signed up for the cruise shuttle. so they should be picking us up at 9am. so we got three hours in the airport and who knows how long at the pier. maybe we'll be able to board early and start our vacation pronto! (i've never cruised before, so maybe this is all just wishful thinking!)

Can anyone provide any information regarding what is around the pier in San Pedro? :rolleyes: We fly in from Honolulu at 6am and can not board the ship for hours for our cruise on May 3rd on the Sun. It would be nice to know if they will accept the luggage early and if there is some where to eat. Any information would be great.

Mahalo,

Bonnie:)

No they will not accept your luggage early. You wouldn`t want to anyway you may never see it again:eek: It is going to be difficult to go anywhere with all of that luggage. If you arrive at 6 (if on time) get to the pier at say 7:30, someone could stay with the luggage, someone could get a cab or walk and get something to eat, THEN bring something back to the unfortunate one waiting:confused:

Didn`t even think about the weather:eek:

I`m a little tired now maybe tomorrow I could come up with a better solution.

You could get in line to board about 11a.

i'll be flying in from honolulu arriving at 6am also (on 4/22 however) but I guess i'll just have to wait it out. we signed up for the cruise shuttle. so they should be picking us up at 9am. so we got three hours in the airport and who knows how long at the pier. maybe we'll be able to board early and start our vacation pronto! (i've never cruised before, so maybe this is all just wishful thinking!)

You can`t board until the ship has cleared. Boarding begins around 11a.

Seahorse is right. We got to the Star a couple of weeks ago by 10:00 am and were on the boat by 11:30. It says on the tickets that they don't board until 1:00 but we took a chance as other CC members have done and were one of the first 50 people on board the ship.

There's not much around the pier in San Pedro. There is a little area called "Ports o'Call Village" that has quaint restaurants, etc., but I'm willing to bet they do not open until much later in the day. Otherwise, there are a couple of hotels near the pier (Sheraton San Pedro), so you might be interested in seeing what kind of facilities they may have to offer. However, I think your best bet may be to stay around the LAX area until closer to time to check-in at San Pedro. If you want to get away from the actual airport, ask a cab driver to take you somewhere to get a nice breakfast or something, then you could arrange for him to come back and get you or pay the cab to wait there with your luggage.

Best of luck - there really isn't anything in San Pedro!

Just got off the phone with hubby. He's down there for a conference and knew the Star was in port so he wanted to go get as close as he could. He said there is a brand new park right next to it, he could throw a rock at it it was that close. He said there is another park too that says opening summer 2005. I don't recall if there are any little marts close by, we drove and picked up a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi last time we cruised. Maybe you can sit at the park and someone can go for sandwiches or something.

I live in the area but have not been to the cruise terminal area since '97 so I don't know what has changed. What I do remember, however, was that most of the stuff around was all commercial.

The big concern is that the luggage is going to be a major pain to carry around so I would recommend waiting it out at LAX. The airport is practically a city all by itself. There are lots of places to eat, pick up last minute items or just relax and take a nap (sounds like you're on a red-eye). Basically, just pass the time until about an hour or two before scheduled boarding time and then head over to the docks.

There is an area close by the ship thats called "Ports of Call"..its quite old and a little on the run down side..there are restrurants and some shops there or at least they were last time I was down there. There is also a motel just across the street from the ship..that I think has a place to eat....Good luck:)

Thank you all for the information. Maybe we will get lucky and get on early ;) I was told by NCL that someone will meet us at the baggage area after the flight, I wonder if they will have us on a bus right away and then a long wait at the pier. Perhaps they will just take the luggage and tell us what time to come back to the bus, does anyone know how it really works when you book a fly/cruise package?

Thank you all for the information. Maybe we will get lucky and get on early ;) I was told by NCL that someone will meet us at the baggage area after the flight, I wonder if they will have us on a bus right away and then a long wait at the pier. Perhaps they will just take the luggage and tell us what time to come back to the bus, does anyone know how it really works when you book a fly/cruise package?

Since you purchased the NCL transfer to the pier, you will probably board a bus as soon as they have enough passengers. Then, it is possible that they will give you a "mini tour" of LA. I doubt they will drop you at the pier any sooner than about 10:30 or 11am.

This happened to us in San Juan. Our flight arrived at 8am and the cruise line told the bus driver not to deliver us to the pier until 1pm! We (all the passengers) complained and I think he finally dropped us off around noon. Now remember this was San Juan, so who knows how they handle it in LA. :-)

Archived