Opera at Sea. 8th April

czechmate

Well Glowing Amber (Carol and Mike) are today winging their way home to USA from Hamburg. Wishing them a safe journey. What a pity that the weather was not the best for them. Still Carol could melt ice anywhere.

Are Ken and Rhona still travelling or is Robyn the last of our group still exploring the travel bug? Robyn is in Switzerland and faced by a round of parties! That should keep the smile on her face.

Pazielie - Paul and Sue - as others make their way home you two are getting ready to head off on that Baltic cruise. You have some wonderful ports ahead and we wish you a fabulous time. Let us know about it please.

Love to cruz (Carol and Vic) hope that you received the pic and it might just have a little persuasive powers for Larry. Would be great to have all three of you with us next April. Take right up where we left off!

Marge and Ernie too seem to be getting on with their plans for future travels!!

Henri and Marian - what about you now?

Our plans are :

- to go to my sister near Los Angeles for a week or so, she becomes 50 on september 3, so I think it's nice to visit her then. We are looking allready for a cheap flight to L.A.

- we are considering a 24-day-tour through Java&Bali on Indonesia for next year in april. But first...from 8 til 19 june 2005 there is a "Pasar Malam Besar" (in Indonesian, it means Great Evening Market) in The Hague. It is the greatest Indonesian Market in the world outside Indonesia. During this market some 20 travel agency's are offering tours through Indonesia, so we will be going there to orientate.

- Further we have to save some free days in case we get some visitors from the surroundings of Prockovice, Poruba, Marianskehory ( :confused:, :eek: ) (joke !!) . Or we go there, because we know two very nice, sweet, friendly persons there :D, whom we like to meet sometime.

- And ultimately, we will take our son out for a few days a few times, in the country in a hotel or so, so that he has a kind of vacation too.

So,... as we can spend our money just once, we will have to carefully.

Henri.

Henri - Thank you for the information and it is good to see you have plans well in hand. Of course that birthday party is very important.

Maybe we should come to The Hague for that indonesian market - it sounds very exciting - and we like the idea of the far east/indonesia in 2007 very much indeed!!

Poruba, Marianskyhory, do you not know some people in Belsky Les? We think that they would be happy to see you! :-)

Is that around postal-code : 70030 ???:confused:

Then you are right, that's about the area I mean.:D

As to go to Indonesia, we will be the quarter-makers in 2006 !!:p

Henri.

Belsky Les is the quarter for our home.

Les is the Czech word for "woods". We look on to the woods and of course it is now a favourite walking area for our new family member Ricki.

Had mail from Glowing Amber this morning to say they are safely home and

Happy to be home :-).

Czechmate,

This market -pasar- is exciting indeed.:) And gooooood foood !!

I spoke with the General Manager ;) in this hotel(?) and she said it's oke !

The cabin-stewardess informed the accommodation-manager ;) that the cabin is ready.

The Hotel-manager said that if you have special wishes, like favorite wine or so, you can mail the Maitre-d'H.:rolleyes:

Futher arrangments have to be made by phone or mail. :D

Please a few days before.

This commodore will take care that everything will be allright !

For the Far-East in 2007 we hope it will be China, for 2006 the plans are Indonesia.

Of course I knew that Belsky Les is your living quarter. I put your adres in a computer location-site and the answer was right the way from Voorhout to there.

Henri.

Rotterdam

We are back in the states only a few days but wanted to answer you.

We also ejoyed Galin's find drinks and his buddy Gustav at the Cotton "Gin" as my husband always called it. He can make a mean Yellowbird.

Galin left the ship and is taking a month off and then starts work in Golden Sands Resorts in Bulgaria. I'll let him know you said hi.

Marge

Glad to hear you too are enjoying the Opera!!!!!!You might have to stay on for an extra week just to ensure you are correct in your happiness!

If Galen is still working at the bar in the Cotton Club - please send him my regards - John from NYC on the 26 Feb cruise - Johnny Walker Red & water!

I never got on CC board while on the ship.... I knew Barry was handling everything. And yes... he passed along your hello.

I hope by now, May 20, egads it's been one month (seems like yesterday) since we got off the ship that your have recovered and planning something new.

Marge

czechmate,

Thanks for your update,but crying out loud,why am I here in this cold /rainy/windy Holland ???(inside the heating very high)

It is going better every day ----- one hour!!!!

Nice a rocking sea ,I like that.

Have Henri and Marian used the balcony,or was it to windy?

Shame I did not learn to know you,but who knows-----

Please say -hello- to Robijn and Madge for me.

And the whole bunch a happy crossing--------

Eternity

Are you home? Are you missing The Opera Gang? Where are your balls hanging I should of never given them back to love.

Marge & Ernie

Carol (love to cruz) and Henri Thank you for the kind words and the responsibility!! I better get very busy and put my thoughts here a.s.a.p.

Henri,

I of course was off the board until today... what a treat this would of been. Maybe I could of fit it in between Venice and Berlin. Hey! If Carol can manage it I guess I could of.

Marge & Ernie

Dear friends,

Mike&Carol, I am a few days off next weekend (5-8 May). So.... when you come to Holland we could do some things together, like visiting Keukenhof ;)!!

If it suits you, let me know via cruising_henri@wanadoo.nl , so we can make an appointment.

And...... (I'm sure Barry (and friends) read this), so Barry and friends, if it suits you (4 ?) too, let me know. We have a one extra 'cabin' in our house, so some will have to stay in our 'village-hotel', which is typical Dutch and cheap, bed and breakfast. It's just for sleep, we will pick you up in one minuut by car.

This should be very special, allthough I understand it is on very short term.

You all are very welcome, we looking forward to it and try to show you some typical, beautifull, pretty, nice places/things for (again/more) lifelong memories. Maybe going with a rowing-boat through the canals :eek::eek:!!

Greetings/hugs

Henri&Marian.

P.s.1.

Now I think some other readers will be jealous that they cannot participate in this.:confused:

P.s.2. I am not a travel agency.

Hello, Marge & Ernie,

glad you're save at home !!

When you would be here too, I 'll have had to rent a bigger car !?!

Eternity has made another transatlantic cruise. She'll arrive in Barcelona tomorrow with the Prinsendam.

We haven't heard of Gino too for a while.

Greetings from Holland,

Henri.

Henri,

I tried to email you and it bouced back. Carol's going to get it for me. So don't post here.

By the way Happy Birthday. Marge

Hello, Marge & Ernie,

glad you're save at home !!

When you would be here too, I 'll have had to rent a bigger car !?!

Eternity has made another transatlantic cruise. She'll arrive in Barcelona tomorrow with the Prinsendam.

We haven't heard of Gino too for a while.

Greetings from Holland,

Henri.

:eek:[quote name=wwwmarge}

Hi Henri' date=' didn't you have a birthday last month??.:confused:

I remember talking about it???

Margie, must be a little behine in her reading

I tried to email you and it bouced back. Carol's going to get it for me. So don't post here.

By the way Happy Birthday. Marge[/quote]

My birthday was last month in April, but it's always nice to be congratulated, even when it's some later !!:D

Marge, when you klick on the email-address of 7 messages ago, you have the right address. I just tried it and it worked ok !

Henri.

Sent an e-mail to Henri/Marge/Carol (love to cruz) with e-mail addresses of each other!! Hope arrives safely.

We had a fantastic weekend in Vienna - warm and sunny.

Austrian/German travel agents are offering the following "deals" for Lirica 28 May and 4, 18, 25 June and Opera 28 May 4, 11, 18 June CRUISE ONLY

One person travels Free. (Up to 2 children aged under 17 in same cabin Free)

All prices are PLUS 90 Euro per person taxes and 13 Euro per person service fee.

Inner

Category 1 990 Euro

Category 2 1030 Euro

Category 3 1070 Euro

Category 4 1130 Euro

Category 5 1190 Euro

Outer

Category 6 1280 Euro

Category 7 1350 Euro

Category 8 1360 Euro

Category 9 1380 Euro.

I have just received word from Mr. Henwood VP Sales MSC USA that the 2006 Med schedules have been released.

After her transtatlantic Opera will sail on a 6 day round trip Genoa, Salerno, Malta, Tunisia, Ajaccio, Villefranche, Genoa.

Aye, aye, Barry

I just received the tickets for June 17th :D , for the great Indonesian Festival in The Hague.

Also found out that they have an English site:

http://www.pasarmalambesar.nl/english/eng.htm

It will be great when we go there, we are looking forward to it.

Marian and I will go there too on June 10th., so we can guide you around on the 17th., as we know the way. :)

Are you allready packed for your journey to England to join the World Dance Competition ??

Have a very good time and greetings from Holland to Czechija. :cool:

Henri.

P.s. it very nice weather here now, about 25 C., sunny, no wind. Hope it stays for the weekend. :D

Henri - We received our air tickets for 17th this morning - so now it seems like it IS GOING TO HAPPEN !!

Reading your message and visiting the web site it is very exciting and we look forward so much to visit it with you and Marian. Our very expert guides will make sure that we see THE BEST!

Will the Queen be there to meet us? :-)

I must soon start to prepare the clothes for the UK trip and then later pack everything. The flight will be 10.40 a.m. via Prague.

Here too the weather is beautiful. Maybe the European summer has finally arrived.

Greetings for you and Marian

...................and also for our fellow Opera cruise mates.

Barry,

Thanks for answering.

No, I don't think you have to bring Czech-beer, keep it cool there til we are there :D

We have our own reasonable quality (!) Dutch beers.

If the Queen will be there......I don't know, but else we can go along her palace (like we did with Carol&Mike).

Actualy, there are 2 palaces, one is where she lives and the other is her working-palace. Both not far from the terrain where the Indonesian Festival is.

Keep the weather fine, greetings and throw an extra stick for Ricky.

Henri.

P.s. a greeting to each other is a greeting to the OPERA-gang !!! (nice proverb ) ;)

Just had an e-mail from Robyn and she asks me to please pass on her best wishes to EVERYONE and say that she misses you ALL:

At the moment she is busy criss-crossing Switzerland and has practically no internet time till she is home. Is having a wonderful time. Will travel to UK 4th/5th June and then flies to Bangkok where she will be 6th/8th June and then - boohoo - sob sob - flies home to Sydney!! That is the city not a MAN :-)

Like the rest of us it will then be reality looms!!

Henri - I like the Proverb so ................................."Greetings and love"

Archived