Booking on Board

missymatt

Ok, what would you do? Would you book on board, being Emerald, getting a balcony discount, $100 with $100 on board credit; or would you use a TA with $190 on board credit and use a savings certificate, if one comes out, usually $150 for Allure? Is there any other perk booking on ship besides less of a down payment, which doesn't really matter to me. TA does charge $25 for any changes made after 7 days.

well...IMO you are getting more not using a TA than if you use one, and wait to see if maybe a savings cert might or might not come out...

PLUS i refuse to use a TA who charges for changes...what if you change your cabin?? 25 bucks if it's past 7 days?? then say you find a better deal (presuming you're within all the rules....) 25 more bucks??? then you change cabins again to a better one????

you get 100 bucks off plus 100 bucks OBC which is, essentially 200 less bucks out of your pocket...whereas you get 10 bucks less with the TA....unless you get a cert...and if you change you're giving back 25 bucks..PLUS suppose youdo get the savings cert...bet the OBC from the TA gets reduced..PLUS you get relieved of 25 bucks ....

Ok, what would you do? Would you book on board, being Emerald, getting a balcony discount, $100 with $100 on board credit; or would you use a TA with $190 on board credit and use a savings certificate, if one comes out, usually $150 for Allure? Is there any other perk booking on ship besides less of a down payment, which doesn't really matter to me. TA does charge $25 for any changes made after 7 days.

I'm pretty sure when you book aboard you are allowed to combine your Emerald discount with a savings cert. There are things you can combine, for a total of 2 discounts, it may be worth looking into.

I don't think you can combine a balcony discount with a savings certificate ... one or the other. You can combine either of them with the onboard booking credit, however.

Personally, I'd change TAs. It is ridiculous to charge for things not charged by the cruiselines. I'd call that part service ... which I believe is the job of a TA when, with the internet, we can all book our stuff ourselves if we wished.

You can also book your Next Cruise and transfer it to a TA later. This was you can get the OBC as well as whatever the TA is offering.

Archived