Audio/Video connections on R-class stateroom television set,

Wildblue

DW and I are on the Insignia in 2 weeks, leaving home this Saturday for pre-cruise travel. I plan on bringing our iPhone and iPad, and want to hook them up to our stateroom TV, to watch our own movies/shows that I'll be bringing from home, during some of those nights where we choose to relax in our room. (yes, I do realize there is TV and movies onboard as well, but there's some of our own media we want to catch up on as well) We're in an A2 Concierge Veranda.

My question is, specifically what do the stateroom TV's have for audio/video connections on the R-class ships? I really don't want to bring all possible cabling, as that can take up a some (messy) space in luggage. Analog audio? (red and white plugs) Composite video? (yellow plug) Component video? (red, blue, plugs) HDMI video?

I called Oceania customer service, but the rep wasn't quite sure. He's trying to check on it for me. I'm hoping someone in-the-know would have specific experience and information on this one. Thanks in advance!

I do not think you can do this ..we were going to hook up the netbook to view our photos on the larger screen but did not see anyway to connect to T.V.

Also did look on the Marina as well...no go for us

Maybe someone had better luck

You may just have to make time once you are home ;)

Lyn

Hmmm... the customer service rep indicated that there are A/V connections on the televisions, but just wasn't sure what they are. Thanks for the info, guys. He hasn't called me back yet.

There are the connections but they must be blocked for use by passengers ;)

I guess it saves the hassle to have someone come and reset the machine/tv.

If the previous passenger was messing with the settings & the next passenger tries to use the TV for regular viewing it may not work & some people are technology challenged :confused:

Lyn

Archived