Stateroom Guarantee Assignment

Cate M.

I know assignments can occur the day of boarding but I was wondering when the earliest anyone has received an assignment? Boarding the Maasdam in less than two months and getting anxious.

Cate M.:cool:

I can feel you Cate!! This upcoming cruiise we too had opted to a guaranteed stateroom our assignment came 20 days out.. it really depends i think on how well the ship is selling... Good luck on your assignment!

Past experience (about 18 cruises) has taught me to expect a Guarantee cabin assignment about 7 days from sailing. This does vary... my cabin assignment for a late November cruise showed up about 21 days in advance. You will receive an e-mail when the assignment is made.

On 8 guarantees our earliest was 18 days out and our latest was 3 days out. All of the rest have been at 11 or 10 days out. Once we got an assignment at 11 days out and then a re-assignment upgrade 3 days out.

it really depends i think on how well the ship is selling...
I don't think it does. One cruise we were on was sold out about two months early, but we still waited until 10 or 11 days out. Before HAL can get around to assigning you your cabin they first have to take care of people on the cruises before you. :)

You will receive an e-mail when the assignment is made.
Or maybe not. We haven't always. A couple of times an email was sent to our TA but we knew the assignment before he called, from checking our OnLine CheckIn regularly.

I don't think it does. One cruise we were on was sold out about two months early, but we still waited until 10 or 11 days out. Before HAL can get around to assigning you your cabin they first have to take care of people on the cruises before you. :)

That makes some sense....you may be correct

Archived