Oasis/Allure Parade Viewing?

gcuecruise

We last cruised three years ago on the Independence. My three girls loved the parades/parties through the Promenade. But I am repeatedly hearing these events are very crowded and in fact hard to actually view because of the crowds on the Oasis/Allure.

Does anybody have any advice on where to view these from? Is it good enough to simply get there early? I kind of feel even if we got there early, my small (physically they are rather petite, except for me) family will get elbowed out of the way.

Thanks for any advice. I want to have a plan so my girls don't get disappointed.

The two parades during the week are pretty much the same. I would suggest you get there at least 30 minutes before if not sooner and stay near Sorrentos for the first one. Look around during the parade at who is doing what where and for the second parade try a different spot where you will see different things. This worked for us on the Allure with the Dreamworks cast.

You can stand on the steps that go up to the photo area. That way you are elevated and can see the whole promenade. The picture is the 70's dance party, but you can see what I'm getting at. Sorry, the picture is blurry!

SDC14454.jpg

Sorrento's is the best spot, but like Tim said get there early and be prepared to hold on to chairs if you are saving them. The crew did a nice job of clearing the promenade of the folks that just try to come and stand in front of you at the last minute.

We sat at our table and enjoyed the parade immensly. Thanks Tim for saving our chairs!!!

Sorrento's is the best spot, but like Tim said get there early and be prepared to hold on to chairs if you are saving them. The crew did a nice job of clearing the promenade of the folks that just try to come and stand in front of you at the last minute.

We sat at our table and enjoyed the parade immensly. Thanks Tim for saving our chairs!!!

If you are sitting in chairs, wouldn't it be very likely that people would be standing in front of you?

Archived