Upgrade cruise

DUVAL009

Hey all just your thoughts if you could upgrade to a higher level of cruise ship which would it be CELEBRITY princess or cunard and why any difference between them.thought for the day.

We like Celebrity and Princess as they are very good middle of the road with excellent service ... we always have a good time.

No idea on Cunard as I won't go on any ship that has 'Classes'. I like to roam all of the ship as I wish.

I always think of a friend of mine ... he was on Cunard ... wanted to look at an area and was told he could not ... he still did, but thats another story BUT its not something I want to spoil my day.

Neil

• 1 month later...

IMHO, definitely Cunard of the ones you mentioned.

Was on QM2 in July, and just on Celebrity. QM2 is elegant, with almost all passengers respecting the dress codes. It did not feel like it was class oriented (keep hearing it from people who have not been on board). 80% dine in the Britannia, and you have the run of all the ship except for a lounge, a small deck, and the grills. Even Celebrity has an upgraded dining room (Blu) for passengers in higher priced staterooms on their new ships.

It's a matter of one's preferences. If you want casual, Celebrity if fine. If you want more formal, Cunard is fine.

Looking at Azamara and Cunard this year - Azamara is offering some very good values, and the smaller size and interesting ports are very appealing.

See you on board!

IMHO, definitely Cunard of the ones you mentioned.

Was on QM2 in July, and just on Celebrity. QM2 is elegant, with almost all passengers respecting the dress codes. It did not feel like it was class oriented (keep hearing it from people who have not been on board). 80% dine in the Britannia, and you have the run of all the ship except for a lounge, a small deck, and the grills. Even Celebrity has an upgraded dining room (Blu) for passengers in higher priced staterooms on their new ships.

It's a matter of one's preferences. If you want casual, Celebrity if fine. If you want more formal, Cunard is fine.

Looking at Azamara and Cunard this year - Azamara is offering some very good values, and the smaller size and interesting ports are very appealing.

See you on board!

We love Cunard specifically for the "fomal" look. As to snobbiness, never really saw it. We did Britannia(main Dining room)as well as the Grills. The Grills restaurant, a small lounge & small sun deck are reserved for Grill PAX. You'll see the same thing on NCL Epic, or the "yact Clubs" on MSC cruises. Old line..you pay more, you get more.

I would say the best bang for your upgraded buck would be Celebrity. I can't speak for Cunard, it doesn't appeal to me for a number of reasons.

We have taken five Azamara cruises and enjoyed them all, if you can find a reasonable pricing and a suitable itinerary it is a wonderful experience. At full price however, I'm not sure how much the extras are worth in comparison to the other lines. We recently sailed on the Celebrity Equinox and were very impressed.

Archived