Pinel or Le Galion

ltzol

Ok experts (or just those who have done one or the other;))

We have 2 kids (7 & 11) who have been to St. Martin before. We did Bernard's tours and had a great time. That said, we would love to do something new this time.

I am thinking it should be a beach day since we are doing a catamaran snorkeling trip the next day on St. John.

I have narrowed my choices down to Le Galion or Pinel Island.

Here are my concerns with each:

Le Galion - pollution

Pinel - Transportation (I have read here that it may be difficult to get a taxi back to the ship:eek:)

So... can anyone help me make my decision? I know that we will have a wonderful time no matter which we choose, but I am a research junkie and feel like I have to make the most informed decision possible

Thanks in advance!

I have only read one posted comments on one day on one thread about pollution at LeGalion. What really puzzled me is that he still recommended it as a good beach for small children. This really did not make any sense to me.

I would worry more about transportation from Pinel island myself.

Ok experts (or just those who have done one or the other;))

We have 2 kids (7 & 11) who have been to St. Martin before. We did Bernard's tours and had a great time. That said, we would love to do something new this time.

I am thinking it should be a beach day since we are doing a catamaran snorkeling trip the next day on St. John.

I have narrowed my choices down to Le Galion or Pinel Island.

Here are my concerns with each:

Le Galion - pollution

Pinel - Transportation (I have read here that it may be difficult to get a taxi back to the ship:eek:)

So... can anyone help me make my decision? I know that we will have a wonderful time no matter which we choose, but I am a research junkie and feel like I have to make the most informed decision possible

Thanks in advance!

I have been to Pinel three times and never had a problem with a taxi back. The return taxi was arranged in advance with the taxi driver who took us there.

Archived