Shipboard credit

pap5211

:)We sail on Marina Nov 24 and our TA has comfirmed via email how much SBC we will receive onboard. However, the docs from Oceania list SBC amounts that are less than the TA confirmed. When questioned, the TA said it is normal practice for "O" to show only a portion of the total and that it would be corrected when checking in. I am not comfortable with this as I do not want to spend my cruise at the purser's counter struggling to get it corrected. I prefer sitting at Baristas, enjoying an Irish coffee using up my SBC. Is this common practice for "O"?:confused:

The same thing has happened to us on the Insignia, but as we will not be leaving for another three weeks I cannot report if this story will have a happy ending. We do have multiple reassurences from out T.A. that all will be well. I think that the credit will come one way or another, in a refund from the T.A. if all else fails.

It may depend on where the OBC comes from

In our experience

When you arrive in your cabin there will be cards on the desk showing the different OBC

the stewerd will have you sign part of the form to acknowledge you have seen the cards & agree with the amounts .

If incorrect go to the Purser at that point with your confirmation from the TA

Sometime all the credits are listed on our final papers sometimes not

Lyn

On our recent Marina cruise we had $1200 in OBC due to us. But when we checked in the card only showed $1000, not the $200 we'd been told we'd receive for switching cruises.

But when they came around with the letter to be signed, all $1200 was there.

(And we managed to use up all but $15 ... but it meant taking 3 ship's tours.)

Mura

On our Marina cruise earlier this year our final documents did not show the correct OBC, but when we arrived it was correct in the documents onboard.

#1 If you have any REAL REASON to doubt your TRAVEL AGENTS word, then you need to get a new agent.

That being said, as Lyn stated, much of the On-Board Credit bookkeeping depends on where the credit is coming from.

If the credit results from an Oceania sponsored promotion of your cruise, you will typically see the credit on your invoice immediately.

If the credit is being applied because the TA that you are booking with has received an additional amount of credit for their clients from Oceania because of the volume of business that they do with the Line, then you may not see the credit until you are looking at the credit "chits" in your stateroom.

Either way, I wouldn't spend 5 minutes of my valuable cruise time worrying about it. If, for some odd reason, your credits don't match what was promised, send a copy of your final invoice (the one that you get on the ship) to your TA and have them make it right. It is much easier to raise hell from the comfort of your home. ;)

#1 If you have any REAL REASON to doubt your TRAVEL AGENTS word, then you need to get a new agent.

That being said, as Lyn stated, much of the On-Board Credit bookkeeping depends on where the credit is coming from.

If the credit results from an Oceania sponsored promotion of your cruise, you will typically see the credit on your invoice immediately.

If the credit is being applied because the TA that you are booking with has received an additional amount of credit for their clients from Oceania because of the volume of business that they do with the Line, then you may not see the credit until you are looking at the credit "chits" in your stateroom.

Either way, I wouldn't spend 5 minutes of my valuable cruise time worrying about it. If, for some odd reason, your credits don't match what was promised, send a copy of your final invoice (the one that you get on the ship) to your TA and have them make it right. It is much easier to raise hell from the comfort of your home. ;)

Beautifully stated. Far better than I was capable, with my sketchy understanding of the issue.

Per our wonderful and knowledgeable T/A (and Jim and Stan's posting) SBC and other perks from our T/A are listed on our invoice, but SBC from Oceania for bronze (or higher) level status and/or promotional SBC for a particular sailing (or other perks) are applied when you board and there will be cards with this info in your stateroom.

Lucky you, nvgal -- we just missed the new policy of Birthday credit this year!

Archived