Half Day Snorkel Trips

DEL67

We ended up booking a snorkeling tour to Athol Island direct through Carnival (we were on the Fantasy) because they had one that left as soon as we arrived (10:00) that only lasted 2-1/2 hours. That way, we had the rest of the day to spend on the beach. We booked it online before we cruised. And we were glad we did because it sold out on the ship. All of the independent vendors we looked into were at least twice that long and basically took up too much of the middle of the day to be able to do anything else worthwhile before or after the tour. There were some cool tours, however, that were all day tours that included a thriller powerboat ride, snorkeling, lunch and a beach that would have been worthwhile. But they left earlier than we got into port. They were expensive too. But would have been a lot of fun. Have you checked the available excursions on your ship? They really didn't cost any more from what I could see than the independents did. And the snorkeling was great at Athol Island.

We're planning on doing Staurt Cove's as well, when we go in May. I have read great things about the excursion. I'm so excited! It also seems like a good value compared to the cruise line excursions we looked at. We'll post a full report when we get back :D

sportsterjohn, does the 6 hours include the transfer times to/from the dock? On their website it looks as though the actual snorkeling trip itself is only 3 hours. If that is wrong, we'd like to know so we can plan our day accordingly :)

Archived