Activities on board and in port Pride of America

meggs11

Hi,

We are cruising on POA in May 2012, I have had a look at the NCL website at the ports etc and they tell you the excursions on land that you can participate in. My question is... Are these the only shore excursions - only about three per port? Some of the activities listed don't offer much that we may want to do eg: Kauai - would like to take a helicopter tour of the island to see all the greenery, waterfalls etc... but not mentioned on the list. Only three per port - are there more? Do you recommend booking your own? If you do, how do you know who to book through (we are in Oz), and do they meet you at the dock? If you book through the ship is it incredibly more expensive for these activites?

Also, apart from the comedy show and singing show on the ship, what other entertainment is available?

Has anyone done the Presumed Murdered Luncheon? What day does this fall on?

Sorry, lots of questions - any help would be appreciated!!!

M

We are going on the POA in just a few weeks. Once logged in there were a number of shore excursions available to purchase. In my experience, it is more expensive to go through the ship, however some are more comfortable with doing that so they pay the premium.

We are renting a car and doing our own touring for all but the first day in Maui. We have booked a Road to Hana tour that day so no one had to do the driving and miss out on the views. We are saving about $20 per person (and we have 6 people) by booking it on our own. We are using a company recommended by a fellow CC who was on the POA in July.

I can't speak about the entertainment, but may be able to offer more information after we return. Same thing for the murder mystery dinner. We are planning to attend that, from what we can see if is on Friday afternoon.

If there is anything else you would like us to keep an eye out for, let me know.

Mandi

NCL has loads of excursions for each port - click on the link below, scroll down to Hawaii and open the folder, there is a pdf file for each port.

http://www2.ncl.com/excursions/print

You may not be able to book them yet for your sailing but at least you will get an idea of what is available and the cost.

Happy reading!:D

Thanks everyone for your input! I am very excited about heading off in May! Shame we just miss whale season, but never mind I am sure we can entertain ourselves quite happily!

I look forward to hearing your report Mandi - if I think of anything specific I will let you know.

Meg

Archived