odd balcony question

amillard222

Any one familiar with the Carnival pride balcony rooms. We are booked in cabin 4181 on the pride and was wondering if the balcony looks down onto another deck or does it look down onto the water? I cant really tell by the deck plans and I can not find pictures that are up close enough to tell for sure. Any help would be appreciated. We could possibly move up a couple of decks if the balcony just looks down onto another deck. I picked a balcony on the lower decks just so we could be closer to the water. This is our first balcony cabin so we are so excited

• 9 months later...

We are THINKING of booking the Miracle for "one last time" before she heads west. (2/13 sailing) Cabin 4181 is available. We usually book deck 8 aft so I can run up the stairs to Lido (or down to the cabin :cool:) but seeing as it's going to be winter 1/2 the time anyway, figured might see how the lower decks live! :rolleyes: Linny, I know you are still around!!! But if anyone can tell me about this balcony, I am not worried about looking down as I know that I will see water, I am worried about looking forward or aft. Will the lifeboats obstruct my views? TIA!

Hey Karen!:)

The lifeboats shouldn't obstruct your views much...you will see the outside edge of them, and I don't think you can see straight up the side of the ship, but it's not really obstructed.

Enjoy! I wish we could sail her again before she leaves, but it's just not in the cards:(

Thanks Linny! I am ACHING to do the Breeze. The pictures are so gorgeous with all the muted colors and new "stuff." Not in the cards for us either because we are "stuck" with whatever CCL puts in Manhattan. Living 20 minutes from the cruise terminal it just makes no sense to fly to a cruise, and just too much $ to justify...we were getting ready to book the Miracle for 5/13 (remember we had to cancel the 5/12 with you all) when we saw the Splendor is replacing her. LOVE the Spirit class ships, but we have never been on the Splendor, so it will be fun for us! Prices are so low for 2/13 cruises from NY (on Miracle) , so we might give it a shot. We would be inside our house anyway, so might as well be inside a ship! ;);) ENJOY your countdowns and thanks for the reply!

Karen, I know what you mean about flying...it does add $$ to the trip for sure. We wouldn't do it, except it's the only way to see new ports:rolleyes: I'll be interested to see what you think about the Splendor, being you're a Spirit class lover like me! I will report back on the Breeze.:)

And you're right...being inside on a ship sure beats being inside at home!;)

Archived