longer cruise dining set or open seating ?

hsb5956

I am now holding 8:30 PM Set Dinning on Celebrity Century 17 night Sydney,AU - Honolulu solo traveler

Was suggested by Celebrity reservations agent being a longer cruise with a large amount of non structured sea days to do set dining being more people do set dining on cruises with lot's of sea days.

My goal is to be social but not to impose on others.

Any thoughts or input would be helpful.

Smooth Sailing,

HSB5956

I always sail solo and never think of dining as imposing on others.

I just tried Select dining for the first time....it was different than

what I am normally used to doing. Not bad, but different. I am actually

trying it one more time on my upcoming cruise and have found folks

on my roll call very friendly~a few of them are also doing Select and

we are going to dine together:). I am hoping things will work out

well for all of us but as for imposing? Again, I never look at dinner

as an imposition on anyone.

My hubby and I always request a large (8-10) table at the late seating. Guess who we dine with each night? 6-8 other people who are gregarious and fun and want to meet interesting people too. It would be nice for you if the cruise line would put singles together at larger tables so they could enjoy meeting people that they might end up doing things with but I recommend that you choose "large table" so that you will be seated with several other people regardless of solo status or not. That way your desire to be social falls in with others desire to be social. Have a wonderful cruise!

I think I need to clarify better what I am interested with direction wise with my question.

I have done both anytime dinning and set dining time both work out for me with out issue.

On a longer cruise 17 nights with more days at sea / unstructured days this cruise 6 then another 5 days at sea Celerity reservations agent suggested set dinning time being there is no daily structure while at sea time wise so more guests take set seating. She was pushing this being she said there might be less dinning anytime people less places available with others eating anytime.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this or thoughts?

Thank You

HSB5956

I think I need to clarify better what I am interested with direction wise with my question.

I have done both anytime dinning and set dining time both work out for me with out issue.

On a longer cruise 17 nights with more days at sea / unstructured days this cruise 6 then another 5 days at sea Celerity reservations agent suggested set dinning time being there is no daily structure while at sea time wise so more guests take set seating. She was pushing this being she said there might be less dinning anytime people less places available with others eating anytime.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this or thoughts?

HSB5956

You might try posting your question on the Solo board. Lots of posts there dealing with your question. I travel solo also, and prefer anytime dining. I like to choose my own time to dine. A late seating lays heavy on my stomach and I have trouble sleeping. Also, I don't like talking to the same people every night.

I would go with whatever time you feel comfortable eating at. I for one enjoyed Select Dining on Celebrity...especially since we were ELITE and could enjoy the elite happy hour until 7pm. We always chose 7:30 and never had a problem.

Archived