When prices go down before final payment

davwen81

To those of you in Australia, I am working on this specific issue and will respond when I have a response that has been approved by management in Australia and Miami. I ask for your continued patience.

Thanks Bill - look forward to further updates. You have a growing market in this part of the world and hope that you will extend cruises from Asia to Australia some day!

Bill, I understand your explanation of the two types of promotion.

I have two questions/points:

1. Regarding the general promotion, can you confirm that the price drop will be applied to UK and other non US passengers?

2. I would be most unhappy if I saw 'my cruise' reduced in price on a 3 day tactical sale as this would not be eligible for the price reduction.

I think 'Miami' should look at this again.

As others have said, you are building up a very loyal group of passengers who constantly extol Azamara cruises and we do not want to be penalised for early on-board bookings.

I for one really do appreciate having your input on these boards. Thank you.

Bill,

Several of us USA passengers on the Roll Call for the 7/28/2012 Journey cruise were able this week to get the upgrade from outside to veranda or if booked in a veranda a price cut. We all are very appreciative of this. Thanks Azamara.

Bill, I understand your explanation of the two types of promotion.

I have two questions/points:

1. Regarding the general promotion, can you confirm that the price drop will be applied to UK and other non US passengers?

2. I would be most unhappy if I saw 'my cruise' reduced in price on a 3 day tactical sale as this would not be eligible for the price reduction.

I think 'Miami' should look at this again.

As others have said, you are building up a very loyal group of passengers who constantly extol Azamara cruises and we do not want to be penalised for early on-board bookings.

I for one really do appreciate having your input on these boards. Thank you.

Hello Grandma Gilly –

Thank you for your comments. Please give me some time to check into your question and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Enjoy the weekend ahead and thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello to you all –

I have received clarification from our revenue management team in Miami about the issue of “price protection” for reservations already booked. I just learned that there are actually two types of pricing promotions that are introduced into the marketplace from time-to-time to stimulate new business – one allows eligibility for previously booked guests while the other is restricted to only “new bookings.”

Therein is the source for misunderstanding and the conflicting comments throughout this thread.

1. General pricing promotions – Previously booked guests are eligible to benefit for the new offer provided they contact reservations to make the adjustment as long as they meet the requirements of the promotion. It’s not automatic and as Andy suggested it makes sense to keep checking the pricing of your voyage. The recently introduced “2012 Europe Program” promotion (valid between December 5, 2011 and March 31, 2012) is an example.

2. Three-day tactical “Sales” – This promotion category is strictly for new bookings only and usually is restricted to specific voyages for a limited time that are below target.

Most importantly, I thank all of you for expressing your conflicting opinions and outcomes about the issue of “price protection.” I believe that if it were not for the fact that I shared this thread with our revenue management team in Miami, I’m not sure that I would have understood this distinction. I’m sorry for the incorrect information, in my earlier post.

To those of you in Australia, I am working on this specific issue and will respond when I have a response that has been approved by management in Australia and Miami. I ask for your continued patience.

Thank you for your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your prompt response at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1515494&page=2. When I made my posting I was unaware of this thread so will monitor developments from hereon through this thread. I’m heartened that mine is not a lone voice in expressing frustration with RCCL Australia. With five Azamara cruises under our belt, the onboard experience has a special place in our hearts. So much so that since first cruising with Azamara in May 2009, we have been instrumental in “selling” five Azamara cruises to other couples with another three cruises to be taken in the next three months on my recommendations. To keep faith with these fellow cruisers, I will be delighted if much better support were provided to the Azamara customer base in Australia than we currently get through RCCL.

Although I would obviously like to benefit from price reductions and am aware that prices can go up and down , my main beef is that at the time I booked the cruise on board, “market prices” from several local travel agents for an Oceanview cabin (which is the rate I was paying for) were significantly less than the Azamara invoiced price. It made me think that I have been taken to the cleaners.... that Azamara’s pricing is designed to recover the savings and benefits promoted as part of booking onboard. Of course right now the fare we are paying looks like a good deal as prices have moved upwards in the past two months but at the time of the booking (mid-September) , it definitely wasn’t !

Anyway, keep up the good work and I’ll monitor the postings. Dick & Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dgvwen81, Popey, Westaussie, Spw1947 and Cruisersoz –

I’m pleased to share with you and others from Australia that I’ve learned more information from Australian management about the initiatives that are underway to improve the customer service you and future Australian Azamara guests can expect.

I have started a new thread entitled, “Important Update about Azamara’s Australian Operation.” I suggest that we use this new thread for Australia-specific operating issues so that we can follow the progress based on your feedback.

G'Day,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived