FLL Hotel questions

honeymooner77

I need to book a FLL hotel for one night pre and one night post cruise and would like to save money by bidding online but am nervous to get stuck in a smoking room which happened to me last time I used priceline. Are there any sites that let you specify a ns room?

If not, and I need to book directly, I have gotten great tips from reading this forum-thanks!

Considering booking directly with a Marriott while I mull over booking with a discount site. I am looking for a hotel that is within walking distance to a grocery store and walking or very short cab to restaurants. Also don't want to spend a fortune on cabs for airport and cruise to save a few bucks on a hotel that is too far away. Given that info, do you have any feedback on these options which are all pricing out relatively well.

Towne place suites Fll West

Courtyard Fll N/Cypress creek

Courtyard FLL plantation

Residence Inn FLL sw/miramar

I need to book a FLL hotel for one night pre and one night post cruise and would like to save money by bidding online but am nervous to get stuck in a smoking room which happened to me last time I used priceline. Are there any sites that let you specify a ns room?

If not, and I need to book directly, I have gotten great tips from reading this forum-thanks!

Hello - I just booked with Hotwire and picked a 3-1/2* for $99 In January with non smoking and shuttle in FLL. I got the Crowne Plaza just 2 miles from the Pier. I am thrilled. The reviews are great. :)

Springhill Suites are also by Marriott. All their rooms are non-smoking. It gets good reviews both here on CC and other review sites. It is located on Stirling Road across the street from Oakwood Plaza which has a K-Mart, BJs, Big Lots, etc and quite a few restaurants. It also has free shuttle to/from the airport and shuttle service available to the port.

Have you tried using Last Minute Travel? I got it for $115 a night at the end of January. If you are interested use Ft Lauderdale for your main search on LMT. Then check the Dania beach area (under the other areas on the left side of comupter). It is a 3 star and is located 1.97 miles from the airport. If you toggle your mouse over the description, you will see in the bottom scroll bar of your computer the javascript line with 1205434 as the localtgsProvider.

I just got Springhill Suites on Last Minute Travel for Feb 3 for $117 as well. Free shuttle from airport to hotel and then to the cruiseport. They also offer a free breakfast. If you search for hotels in Dania Beach area and then see these pictures in it's description it's that hotel.

pool.jpgRoom.jpg

We just got the Westin Diplomat (4 star) in Hollywood Beach through Hotwire for Dec 10th for just $85. Do your homework & you can score a really nice 4 star hotel for a cheap price. There are a lot of sites out there where you can pretty much figure out which hotel they are quoting you for. I was pretty much 95% certain they were going to give me the Westin after researching. And they are a smoke-free hotel as well!

Thanks for all the great advice! Booked fairfield inn airport for less than $70 on last minute travel for precruise. Not in walking distance of stuff but cheap enough to make up for it.

Now looking for a hotel with beach access for post cruise. Ideally, would stay under $250 for room and transportation from terminal, to airport, and grocery store/Restaurant. I have to eat gluten free so on site food isn't usually an option. Our stay is in mid march.

Would love your suggestions. Currently eying the Courtyard Marriott beach resort, renaissance on 17th, Hilton ft lauderdale beach resort, and westin diplomat. Will cab fare from Hollywood area to airport be a hike from the other choices?

Thanks for all the assistance!

Renaissance is not near the beach. Also look at Bahia Mar and Alhambra (some units have kitchens too) for reasonable rates. These will put you close enough to many restaurants so that gluten free choices will be easy to manage. You can take bus 40 both north and south to Publix grocery (all of the hotels between Sunrise Blvd and the Best Western Oceanside are along this bus route.)

The B Ocean and Gallery One hotels are walking distance to the beach and to Publix on Sunrise Blvd. Cabfare will be about $25 each way to port/airport.

There are no grocery stores at the beach near the hotels close to the port/airport (to keep your cabfare within your budget)...you would have to go to Lauderdale by the Sea or north Fort Laud beach and cabfare will be at least $30 each way and the accomodations are mostly not so nice.

Archived