Excursion with 4 yr old, no beach

Nmhawk

Could anyone please recommend a good family tour for St Lucia. Im traveling with my husband and 4 yr old son. Im not interested in the beach, since being from the caribbean myself, I have access to the beach year long.

One option may be the rainforest skyride/arial tram ride - it is a ride over the rainforest along with a short hike, nature guide, etc. short ride from the pier - maybe 25 minutes or so (not included in the price)

You can find out more about them at Rainforest Adventures St. Lucia.

Another would be a taxi ride or tour down to the Pitons and volcano and botanical gardens. It's about a 45 min/1 hour ride down, so may be long with a youngster, but the volcano is interesting and the botanical gardens is beautiful - have seen lots of kids who were really in to it. And the Pitons are the iconic sites of the island.

Another option may be a plantation tour - Fond Doux would be a good one - it is where some cocoa used by Hershey is grown/harvested. you tour the old plantation, homes, learn about the cocoa process along with some hands-on portions. Again, though, an hour from the port.

Right in port, at La Place Caranage dock, is Our Planet, a hands on interactive learning/info about the earth, etc.

I know, no beach, but Pigeon Island is always a good option - yes, there is a beach, but there is also some great old fort ruins to climb around, a huge grassy area to run around, 2 very good restaurants, a short hike up to a beautiful view point over to both Martinique and around Rodney Bay, along with a beach with a little snorkeling. About 25/30 minutes from the port.

good luck, I hope this offers some ideas - hopefully others will have some ideas also.

A

Archived