Does Pacific Dawn still have the following?

la1982

It will be 4 years since I was last on the Pacific Dawn when March comes around.

We will be traveling with a big group this time so I am trying to help out the newbies with info.

Can anyone tell me if the following paid food options are still on the Dawn?

- La Trattoria I think it was - pizza place

- The grill just outside of the buffet area that served burgers, chips, hot dogs etc

It will be 4 years since I was last on the Pacific Dawn when March comes around.

We will be traveling with a big group this time so I am trying to help out the newbies with info.

Can anyone tell me if the following paid food options are still on the Dawn?

- La Trattoria I think it was - pizza place

- The grill just outside of the buffet area that served burgers, chips, hot dogs etc

The trattoria has gone. They now have Luke Mangan's Salt Grill - $40 cover charge.

The grill outside the buffet is still there.

They operate La Luna at the back of the buffet at nights - Asian fusion.

The only pizzas they have now are occasionally, just slices they have at the Lido Deck outside lunch venue - no charge. They have salad rolls, chips etc.

Salt Grill is not worth it

Maybe you haven't tried Salt Grill. :)I know that you travel with small children. I also wouldn't pay $40 for each of my small children to have dinner ($160 for the family) and we couldn't go to dinner and leave them alone.

We felt that it was worth the price and the people I picked up from the Pacific Dawn this morning said it was worth every cent.:)

The Salt Grill is well worth the $40 pp cover charge; the food and service are excellent.

Everyone who has tried La Luna, that I spoke with, had positive things to say about it.

We went to La Luna on Pacific Jewel, it was beautiful. Definetly worthg going to.

Maybe you haven't tried Salt Grill. :)I know that you travel with small children. I also wouldn't pay $40 for each of my small children to have dinner ($160 or the family) and we couldn't go to dinner and leave them alone.

We felt that it was worth the price and the people I picked up from the Pacific Dawn this morning said it was worth every cent.:)

Even now, with the price up to $40 (it was $30 the first time we did it on Pacific Jewel), it's worth every cent. You certainly wouldn't get a main course for that at one of his land side restaurants, let alone apetizer, entree and dessert as well.

Just off the Pacific Dawn. We went to Salt on two occasions - well worth the $40.00 (I think you can have lunch for $30). La Luna asian is $20.00 and wife and I thought it was great, will be a must on our next cruise. Service in both places was excellent.

Horrie

Salt Grill is not worth it

I wish you would stop making random comments about places you have never tried or experienced personally. But I guess someone who budgets $500 per couple per day for alcohol probably thinks it would dent into the booze bill :rolleyes:

Salt Grill is worth every cent. I have eaten in Luke's restaurants on Pearl, Dawn and Jewel and so have many of my friends, and not one person has said it's not worth it!

Maybe you haven't tried Salt Grill. :)I know that you travel with small children. I also wouldn't pay $40 for each of my small children to have dinner ($160 for the family) and we couldn't go to dinner and leave them alone.

have looked and still no worth it sorry.

if you pay what they are asking for dinner plus what you have paid for dinner in your cruise price and add it together not worth it.

Price for the salt grill plus the cruise ship dinning room then we are looking at about $60 per head.

I wish you would stop making random comments about places you have never tried or experienced personally. But I guess someone who budgets $500 per couple per day for alcohol probably thinks it would dent into the booze bill :rolleyes:

Salt Grill is worth every cent. I have eaten in Luke's restaurants on Pearl, Dawn and Jewel and so have many of my friends, and not one person has said it's not worth it!

Im happy to to see you and your friends are happy with salt grill and good on you for liking it well done

have looked and still no worth it sorry.

if you pay what they are asking for dinner plus what you have paid for dinner in your cruise price and add it together not worth it.

Price for the salt grill plus the cruise ship dinning room then we are looking at about $60 per head.

I see that you have made your judgement on the worth of the Salt Grill by 'having a look'. It is not possible to see what the Grill is like without trying it.

We don't usually go to expensive restaurants at home, but I feel that the food and service at the Salt Grill is easily worth the $60 you estimate.

We have been to the Salt Grill on Pearl and Dawn.... Soooooo good.... You can have as little or as much as you would like. The service, food, atmosphere is most certainly worth it. If you went to one of his restaurants, it would cost hundreds... Actually Thied would know the cost of, as from memory I remember him saying on here a while ago how he has been . Strange that he would go to a restaurant and pay hundreds and then go on a cruise and not pay$30 for an amazing meal. Oh well, each to their own..

I actually really enjoyed lunch there, it was $30 (you wouldnt be able to go to a pub for a counter meal and have entree, main and desert) and the menu is the same (i thought it may have differed) and lunch was great as you didnt miss any shows etc... and I actually think it was quieter...Even bought a Luke Managan apron to bring home as a souvenir .So everyone really must try the Salt Grill :D

Fiona

I was so impressed with the Salt Grill that I ate most of my evening meals there. Just thinking of those delicious scallops and the chocolate surprise dessert makes my mouth water. The service is fantastic too.

Sadly, the food and service in the Palm Court dining room wasn't up to scratch, so I avoided meals there as often as I could.

Archived