Stingrays and stingray sailing

katcas

Just back from our Thanksgiving cruise and swam with the stingrays with Chip and Stingraysailing.com. Can't say enough good things about them. Highly recommend them and highly recommend doing this excursion. Highlight of our trip!

• 2 weeks later...

They only take 29, no more. That is how many spots they have on the bus so they won't take more. Chip and Michelle were great, very friendly, Chip's father is on the catamaran also. We picked a family up at a hotel along the way. There were 29 with us but the catamaran never felt crowded. Looking at some of the other boats that were there, they all looked really crowded. We had a great time, you can't go wrong with them! It was the highlight of the cruise!

No pictures because I just used a disposible underwater camera. If you google it on youtube, people posted videos of the stingrays.

We just got back and it was the best excursion we have ever been on. Chip, Michelle and Dad were the best people. You ask how many...we must of won the lottery and it was just me and hubby! They take up to 25...will push to 29 if a large group books...but will also take 2 out if that is all that booked. That really suprised me that they just took the two of us, but also made me realize what a great buisness that they run. Other companies would of cancelled on us.

• 2 months later...
They only take 29, no more. (...) There were 29 with us but the catamaran never felt crowded. Looking at some of the other boats that were there, they all looked really crowded. We had a great time, you can't go wrong with them! It was the highlight of the cruise!

No pictures because I just used a disposible underwater camera. If you google it on youtube, people posted videos of the stingrays.

I know - the other boats looked crammed in tight, shoulder to shoulder, facing the INSIDE of the boat. I sat on the side, hung my feet over the edge and enjoyed the sea spray on my toes. I'll post pictures when I find my camera which is still packed in my bags (just got home this evening)

Here's my long winded review and a picture of the first time we sailed with them

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32860072#post32860072

This excursion was amazing! Relaxing and fun - Everything you would want on a vacation. Although I was a bit hesitant to get into the water with the Stingrays, it was really beautiful and something to experience. One of the crew takes pictures of you holding the stingray or feeding it and will upload it to his computer for you to see and purchase if you want. No pressure at all but it was great to have that option. The boat is clean and the crew is fantastic. Chip provided all of the snorkeling equipment as well. All you have to do is show up ready to have a good time!

Stingray Sailing were wonderful! We had been to StingRay City a few years ago on a ship excursion and was crammed on a little boat and were miserable in the water with so many people. Last week we went with StingRay City Sailing - what a difference. So much room on the wonderful boat - and Chip and his crew were so nice! The only wait to go!

Archived