Disney Oceaneers - under 3

milton333

We are contemplating a Disney cruise for our wedding anniversary. Our son will be 2 1/2. We would be cruising in about 6 months. DS right now is mostly potty trained, not dry through the night, but otherwise is consistently and enthusiastically using the potty.

Friends of ours claimed that their daughter was allowed to use the Oceaneers club while they watched, even though she was under three, and by the third day, the staff allowed her to be left there because she was fully potty trained.

Any reason to believe there's any truth to that? We expect DS to be fully potty trained 6 months from now, since he's most of the way there now, but will be only 2 1/2.

Any insights appreciated. We know there is a nursery, but from our experience with the nursery on RCL Freedom OTS, it was mostly younger infants, and no one for DS to play with.

I called Disney Cruise Line to check about bringing my almost 3 year old, and they told me that if my daughter is potty-trained, it should not be a problem to leave her at the kids' club. I would just need to talk with the staff once we are on the ship. I am really hoping this pans out! good luck & enjoy :)

• 1 month later...

My daughter was 2.5 years old when we sailed on the Disney Dream last summer. She was completely potty trained. My 6 year old niece was on the cruise with us too, so of course, my daughter wanted to be in the kids club with her cousin. I went in with her every day. On the last day of the trip, one of the counselors pulled me aside and told me that they would have let her come in on her own after evaluating her for the first day or so. :rolleyes:

Archived