Carnival Safes & Lost Items

pyroguy

What can you fit into a Carnival safe? I've seen people ask all sorts of things in this forum, so I thought I would post what I got in there last week on the Liberty (I think they are the same size on all the ships):

I was able to get the following into our safe simultaneously:

(2) iPads with Otter Box Cases (iPad 1's)

(1) Dell Mini-10 Laptop Computer w/Extended Battery

(1) Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera

(1) Tamron 72mm 18-270 Zoom Lens (detached from camera)

(1) Olympus 1030SW Camera

(1) HTC EVO phone

(1) Moto Droid 2 Global phone

(1) Envelope with about $700 cash in small bills

Yes, I'm not kidding. Got it all in there. I'm good at Tetris, though.

Did I get a picture? No, sorry. All my cameras were in the safe. To be fair, though...I did have to hold the door shut while I swiped my card to lock it to prevent stuff from falling out.

On another note, REMEMBER TO RUN YOUR HAND ALL AROUND THE INSIDE OF YOUR SAFE before you leave your room upon disembarktation. I left an SD card with about 700 pictures on it that had slid forward to the front of the safe. There's a lip around the safe for the door to seat into and I missed seeing my card.

I called the ship to see about getting it back (at $9.50 per minute) and they said they would see what they could do. I wasn't too optimistic though.

I did remember, though, that I got Chef's Table and Steakhouse reservations emails from Monica - the Steakhouse manager. On a long shot, I sent her an email plea for help. After about 15 minutes, she got back to me. She said she sent an email to almost every department head on the ship asking for help. Housekeeping responded and went to the room, asked the current guests to open the safe, and THEY FOUND MY SD CARD. She put a Lost & Found tag number on it (and gave me the number), and will transfer it when the ship ports again next week.

Now there's a special place in my heart for Monica, the Steakhouse Manager on the Liberty. She went way above and beyond for us more than once on this cruise when she didn't have to. It's people like that that really make us love cruising with Carnival.

Great story. I'm glad they found your SD card. That would have been sad to not get your pics. My friends had their camera stolen when they left it on the table at the lido deck and lost all their pics too. That was so sad. That was in 2007 and they haven't been on another cruise since so those pics would have been good memories for them. Nobody turned in their camera to lost & found.:(

REMEMBER TO RUN YOUR HAND ALL AROUND THE INSIDE OF YOUR SAFE

before you leave your room upon disembarktation.

I left an SD card with about 700 pictures on it that had slid forward to the front of the safe.

There's a lip around the safe for the door to seat into and I missed seeing my card.

Now there's a special place in my heart for Monica, the Steakhouse Manager on the Liberty.

She went way above and beyond for us more than once on this cruise when she didn't have to.

It's people like that that really make us love cruising with Carnival.

YOU sir are one lucky guy, and That Monica is an angel! ;)

I know that inside lip in the cabin safes you speak of

and have always thought of losses like yours.

Great story with a happy ending.

If only everything worked out that way, huh?

Archived