Adventurous Family in Nassau

Britt7670

We just did this excursion on 11/30 with Bahamas Segway & Beach Experience and had the best time out of our entire vacation....our driver Meeks was incredible and knew the island like the back of her hand...and funny??? Oh yes!!! Our guides were Precious & Roxy....they were so great....riding a segway really is easy....and of course the break at the beach with the chairs and beautiful view of the ocean can not be beat.

If you need something to do in Nassau for a couple of hours, I would highly recommend the segway excursion & beach experience....its rated # 1 on Trip Advisor for things to do in Nassau for a reason!!! You won't be disappointed :D

HI we will be in Nassau next November (early planning) from 7 am to 3 pm. We aren't morning people so we won't be one of the first off the ship, I would be surprised if we get off by 9 am (we're from 2 hours behind time zone and we won't be adjusted yet). Kids will be 9 and 11 and are great swimmers, experienced snorkelers, over all good travelers. We are not shoppers, nor do we want to take a bus trip around an island. We would want to do something water oriented.

Could someone recommend what might be a good excursion, we don't usually do ship tours. In past cruises/ vacations we have enjoyed smaller boats with great trips for snorkeling in St. Marten, Grand Turk, Cozumel, Kona HI, St. Thomas. We all own our equipment since we do it a lot. Is the Bahamas some place that we should snorkel? Where specifically are there good reefs? Will it measure up to the places we've been? ( St. Thomas wasn't very good in our opinion) Or should we just do a beach day. Our favorite thing to do is snorkel but our expectations are high.

I don't think we have enough time to do Atlantis justice for the cost, though my kids would love it.

Thanks so much

Can you give me some details, please? How long and where did you segway? Which beach, and how long? Did they have parasailing and/or snorkeling at the beach? Thanks in advance.

The entire excursion took about 3 hours from pick up to drop off. They take you to the west side of the island or "the real Nassau" as Meeks our driver told us. You ride the segway with your guide on a path that's in about 200 acres of land. We were told some investor was going to build on the land, but was stopped from doing it.

There site is www bahamassegwaytours dot com. You can also put in the name Bahamas Segway and Beach Experience in TripAdvisor and read all the reviews from everyone that has taken it before.

Hope this helped !! ;)

Agree with Britt. This is a great tour. We did it last year and really enjoyed it.

The beach you go to is a private, natural, wooded beach. You spend about half an hour there. It's very shallow so it's more for wading than swimming. If you plan to get in the water, wear your bathing suit under your clothes. There are no bathrooms or changing facilities at the Segway location.

This really isn't a beach day, it's a Segway excursion and it's a lot of fun.

Archived