quad oceanview, Regal?

ghgeckos

We are going to Alaska this summer and have a quad oceanview CAT DD on the Regal. What is the bed configuration in this cabin? Also I read that suitcases don't fit under the bed, is this true? Any info on this cabin wuld be helpful.

Years ago I was on the Regal in a quad. I don't remember the category, but I do remember it was the last room down the long hallway. The beds were set up as two twins, one against each wall, with two bunks which came out of the ceiling directly above them. The room steward put the top beds away when not in use, so it didn't seem crowded until we actually used the beds, at which point we didn't care.

I don't remember where our luggage went, but I know they went somewhere as we did not trip over them. (Four girls can have a lot of luggage!)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Reference luggage fitting under the beds on Regal Princess - our garment bag won't fit unless opened up - then fits fine. Nesting the bags can also help.

If you run into a problem, the cabin steward will usually store your luggage upon request - so you don't have to trip on it in the cabin.

We found the Regal to have the most storage space of any ship we've sailed. There are a stack of drawers under the safe at the end of the closet area, and the actual hanging closet was the same size as on the other ships. In addition, there are drawers in the vanity and bedtables. We were on a 15 day cruise, and I had packed lots of stuff, but still didn't use all the drawers for 2 people. You should be fine. The Regal has the largest of all staterooms of the Princess ships, I think.

Suitcases were nested and what would not fit under the bed would fit in the closet, either on the floor out of the way or on the top shelf with the life preservers.

BTW, our cabin was an ocean view, and may have been a quad -- it seems I recall seeing outlines of what could have been the ceiling beds. I don't recall the category, but the cabin # was Baja 297, almost all the way aft. It was a great location: very close to the aft balcony and on the forward of Baja deck is a "secret" deck -- both great for viewing approaching sites and whale watching.

Hi, we just completed a cruise on the Regal 15 days thru Panama Canal, we were in a Cat DD , Caribe Deck, port aft. The Quad cabins as are listed by previous poster. Two bunks on each side of cabin, the top bunks come down out of ceiling , fairly roomy. As for the suitcases fitting under the beds, ours didn't we emptied them , there are lots of drawers to accomodate your things, and nested the cases and set them in the back sides of the closet(we were two people in a quad cabin) , it worked fine. The cabins are quite roomy actually. Any other questions you might have I will try to answer. Have a wonderful cruise.

Cori

I had this type of room on the Regal D catagory but was a quad. We had six peices of luggage. They fit nicely, all nested in one another on top shelf in closet. We are the people who brought everything but the kitchen sink, and found the room ample and wonderful. Come to think of it, a kitchen sink would have come in handy.

Archived