Funny experiences with staff

Caribbean Chris

Anyone care to share a chuckle this Sunday morning? I'll start.

DH decided to send his leather shoes for polishing but could not find the marked bag in our stateroom. Instead, DH took a laundry bag and wrote in large letters with a ballpoint pen,"for shoe shine" and left them on the bed that morning. The steward scooped them up and sent to the laundry as per his routine.

Later there was a knock on the door and the steward kept trying to explain to me that the laundry had called and could not wash our shoes. I was totally mystified. I'm rather deaf, he had a bit of an accent, and we both more or less gave up on figuring out what was going on.

Eventually DH returned and mystery was solved. The shoes came back, we explained our mistake, and the proper bag appeared. We felt a little sheepish for causing extra work but had a good laugh at ourselves and still joke about it when time for shoe polishing. Don't mess with the system!

Anyone care to share a chuckle this Sunday morning? I'll start.

DH decided to send his leather shoes for polishing but could not find the marked bag in our stateroom. Instead, DH took a laundry bag and wrote in large letters with a ballpoint pen,"for shoe shine" and left them on the bed that morning. The steward scooped them up and sent to the laundry as per his routine.

Later there was a knock on the door and the steward kept trying to explain to me that the laundry had called and could not wash our shoes. I was totally mystified. I'm rather deaf, he had a bit of an accent, and we both more or less gave up on figuring out what was going on.

Eventually DH returned and mystery was solved. The shoes came back, we explained our mistake, and the proper bag appeared. We felt a little sheepish for causing extra work but had a good laugh at ourselves and still joke about it when time for shoe polishing. Don't mess with the system!

Good story! As you said "don't mess with the system". Given the number of transactions daily on a ship, anything not following the system is certain to cause a hickup.

We had the BEST cabin steward ever on the Carnval Freedom in 2009. He took exceptional care of us ( we had 3 staterooms and were a party of 9 )

On our last day, as we were getting ready to leave the cabin, I went to find him to give an additional tip and he kept saying " No, I got tip" and I said " I know, but you deserve this" all of the time thinking he meant the auto tip on our bill . He kept trying to give it back!! He actually teared up and then hugged me.

Once back in my room my brother in law popped in and said " I tipped Mario" and told me he gave him money the night previously ( meant for all of us ) ..then my mom came in and said she gave him tip money fromn all us too..and then of course my money.

When it dawned on me that he was actually trying to return money to me I was floored... I wrote Carnival to tell them what a fantastic person they had working for them! He deserved every bit we gave him.:D

Archived