no show or call to cancel

enyliram

if cancelling on the day of the cruise for medical reason is it ok to be a no show or must the cruise line be advised? there is third party insurance coverage on the sailing

Three things:

1) If you "no show" you may not get a refund of your taxes and fees and your insurance probably wouldn't cover that unnecessary loss.

2) Some insurers, when processing your claim will require confirmation in writing of your cancellation. If you don't have that it can really slow things down, although I can't remember and claims being denied because of this oversight.

3) If you're a no-show the cruise line still has to hold your cabin open in case you show up at the second or third port of call. If you let them know you're cancelling they can use the cabin for someone else -- perhaps someone in a cabin with a plumbing problem or maybe the air conditioning has stopped working. Letting them know can be a big help.

3) If you're a no-show the cruise line still has to hold your cabin open in case you show up at the second or third port of call. If you let them know you're cancelling they can use the cabin for someone else -- perhaps someone in a cabin with a plumbing problem or maybe the air conditioning has stopped working. Letting them know can be a big help.

So that they can sell your cabin again and get rich while they refuse to off you any refund at all and screw you out of your money.

So that they can sell your cabin again and get rich while they refuse to off you any refund at all and screw you out of your money.

If you cancel on the day of the cruise, they can not resell the cabin. I am not sure how many days before the cruise leaves that they have to submit a list of passengers to the federal TSA goons but I know that it is more than 1 day.

DON

If you cancel on the day of the cruise, they can not resell the cabin. I am not sure how many days before the cruise leaves that they have to submit a list of passengers to the federal TSA goons but I know that it is more than 1 day.

DON

I thought it was one hour.

Archived