Visa for Northern Europe?

ghgeckos

I've been looking at some great deals this weekend for northern Europe on Century. it sails from Amsterdam, Holland and goes to Oslo, Norway, Stockholm (Nynashamn), Sweden, Helsinki, Finland, St. Petersburg, Russia,

Tallinn, Estonia and Copenhagen, Denmark. I have a pass port but do I need to get Visas for each of these countries prior to a cruise? If yes, do I have time to do this by mid June?

The only place you MAY need a Visa is Russia. The St. Pete port is several miles from anything. If you want to go out on your own, you will need a visa (this is usually not recommended for Russia). If you sign up for ship's excursions or some private tour groups, they will get "group" visas and you won't need one. All of this assumes you are US citizens.

Just know, you cannot even step one foot off the ship in St. Petersburg without a visa unless you're on a ship's tour or a tour with a local company in SP. So, even if you wanted to just take a taxi to a local store or restaurant, you need the visa and they recommend you apply for the visa no later than 90 days before your departure.

Archived