Just Off the Epic...LOVED It!

canuckgal33

The OP commented on a couple of problems with the cabin attendant...one being the couch was missing a top sheet and blanket. I would not have accepted his answer that there was no linen left. I would have called housekeeping directly.

Secondly...the shower would not drain. I don't ever inform the cabin attendant of plumbing or maintenance problems...I call maintenance directly or call the customer service desk. I never rely on the cabin attendant to take care of those things as I don't believe it is his/her job anyway.

When dealing with problems on any NCL ship there is always the hotel director to contact if your needs are not met. When on board an NCL ship, they aim to please, especially the hotel director.

I'm glad you had a great time; I was on the same cruise and had some different opinons on some things.

* Unlike you, I thought the ship seemed very crowded and noisy. there ALWAYS seemed to be TONS of people on decks 5,6,7 with constant noise everywhere. The main atrium screen showed football or movie, so really there wasn't ANY public spaces where you can sit and read quietly.

* I don't have kids so I may be more sensitive, but there seemed to be TONS or kids on board of all ages. I didn't think 2 weeks before Christmas there would be so many kids - not sure how school schedules work; do kids have 3weeks off??

* I thought the pool deck was too noisy for my taste; I spent my entire time sunning @ Spice H2O with no kids and noise.

Anyways, all in all I enjoyed the cruise, and glad you did too!

The OP commented on a couple of problems with the cabin attendant...one being the couch was missing a top sheet and blanket. I would not have accepted his answer that there was no linen left. I would have called housekeeping directly.

Secondly...the shower would not drain. I don't ever inform the cabin attendant of plumbing or maintenance problems...I call maintenance directly or call the customer service desk. I never rely on the cabin attendant to take care of those things as I don't believe it is his/her job anyway.

When dealing with problems on any NCL ship there is always the hotel director to contact if your needs are not met. When on board an NCL ship, they aim to please, especially the hotel director.

It wasn't really a problem or I would have pursued it further. It was such a minor thing, that I didn't feel the need to complain about it. Heck, the shower probably could have drained less as the days went by from some of the sand that came from our swim suits! LOL!!!

If it's not his job to do those tasks, that is fine...you would think that he would at least inform me who to contact to get the problem fixed.

BTW...When we arrived he told us that is we have ANY problems/issues with the room we should contact him. So, that is what we did.

You would also think that since he makes up the room and also turns it down that he would be the one with the sheets. The issue then, was that it was so late and my daughter was tired, that we didn't even bother worrying about it or trying to call someone else.

Wow! Not only were we on the same cruise- we were on the same tour bus with Rudy! Don't worry about Maho- we all had a great time!

LOL....that's funny!!! Sorry you had to wait around at Maho! It's funny what some people love and other people just like!

I'm glad you had a great time; I was on the same cruise and had some different opinons on some things.

* Unlike you, I thought the ship seemed very crowded and noisy. there ALWAYS seemed to be TONS of people on decks 5,6,7 with constant noise everywhere. The main atrium screen showed football or movie, so really there wasn't ANY public spaces where you can sit and read quietly.

* I don't have kids so I may be more sensitive, but there seemed to be TONS or kids on board of all ages. I didn't think 2 weeks before Christmas there would be so many kids - not sure how school schedules work; do kids have 3weeks off??

* I thought the pool deck was too noisy for my taste; I spent my entire time sunning @ Spice H2O with no kids and noise.

There were crowds on 5, 6, 7...you are right about that...especially when shows let out and it seemed that people were using those floors to access the elevators on either end. We seemed to use those floors to get to the elevators as well, because the hallways on the cabin floors were narrow and it was hard to walk down them holding the arm of a blind person.

I would have LOVED to spend time in Spice H20 with no children...but since I had one, I couldn't take advantage of it!! LOL!!

We have 10 days off...3 weeks would be nice so we could do a longer cruise...but we had to take a week off school to take this one.

And you are right...there aren't really any quiet places....that's one reason I liked the Pearl because it had the Spinnaker lounge which was a nice place to just sit and relax!

I guess we all have different perspectives. I thought there were VERY few kids on board. Barely saw any kids except at the kiddie pool and waterslides. You are right about activity on 5-6-7. Personally I like a ship that is "alive" and retreat to my balcony for peace and quiet to read a book or just vegetate. H20 was a bonus area.

Loved your review! We were on the Epic 12/3-12/10/11 and I was chuckling while reading because I have almost all the same pictures!:) The only differences were we were on a balcony on the 12th floor and the day we were in Nassau I didn't see the trash. We went to Junkanoo, right next to the Hilton so it still almost looks the same with the ships in the background.

We also loved Bernard tours and were hesistant about Orient because we were traveling with our 6 and 8 year olds. We must have seen the same old guy too when the van backed in:eek: My six year old never even noticed but my 8 year old said "Mommy. that man is so silly! He forgot his bathing suit and came to the beach anyway!"

• 3 weeks later...

Our family went on the Epic over spring break , in march 2011. We Loved it! The entertainment is the best, and dining whenever

and wherever is great! We like the relaxed atmosphere and the casual dress code. I went on a Mediterranean cruise on the Epic with my daughter and sister in October 2011 and still loved it.

Embarkation was super easy....we got separated from my Mom and cousin as they had to go to terminal B and we had to go to C....she's kind of a nervous Nellie and my cousin is legally blind/deaf, so she was a bit worried and I was worried for her...LOL! She said it was super easy for her and they were on board in about 10 minutes as they moved them into some sort of "fast lane" (her words...LOL). It took us about 45 minutes or so and we were on the boat!!

]

This concerns me. In all of our cruises, I've never heard of anything like this before. People are seperated into different terminals to board? We have 4 reservations and a child of one family booked in the room of another family (in name only). Could we be seperated?

Jess

My husband i had our first cruise. We loved epic ship and everything with it. The staff was excellent. We really enjoyed the entertainment. There was some sort of TV show being filmed during the week we were on the ship. Still not sure what reality show it was.

We are definitely planning another cruise in the next couple of years with our kids.

We spent a lot of time on the waterslides and on the repelling wall. We loved the food. I would definitely recommend attending the greet and meet. Still trying to find out how to get a hold of a couple we met on the cruise.

Busymom3

Thanks for the review, particularly the photos and information on your cabin. Can I ask if you were in a mini suite or a regular balcony cabin? We will be on the Epic at the beginning of May for the Western Med cruise and we have a mini suite booked on deck 10.

We were just in a regular balcony. A mini suite would be nice! Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Archived