Gem question - kid related

eeyoremum

Hello, I posted this in the Norwegian section and it was suggested I might get more answers here.

We are sailing May 12 out of NY. My DS will be 12 but his 13th birthday is in June. He is wondering what the kid program (9 - 12) is like? Will they let him move up to the teen club if there are too many younger children in kid club? We sail on Carnival last year and he found the kid club had too many younger children an the activities boring because they were geared to the younger children.

Also, I should add that I have a DS17 so my DS12 spends a great deal of time with "older teens".

TIA

Unfortunately, DCL is VERY strict about age groups. My ds was 12 on our last cruise, and he found the club to be very boring. Fortunately, he had a friend onboard. My ds was 14, and LOVED the club, but they did spend a good amount of time hanging out outside the club, so have your oldest attend at least the first night, and then your ds12 can hang with them when they're outside of the club.

The others are exactly right, he will not be able to move at all. If he is celebrating a birthday *on the cruise* he would be allowed to move up on the day he turns 13 and not one day sooner. Yes, they are that strict. ;)

My Gem pages start here....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/NCL%20Kids%20Crew/

Archived