Which Southern Caribbean itinerary?

DDEMOM

Which Southern Caribbean itinerary (on the Summit) do you prefer? We went on the Summit last year on the itinerary which includes St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Marten, Barbados, and St. Thomas. I loved it and would do it again, but the rates are extremely high for February when we plan to go. I really had no desire to go to the ports on the other itinerary, but am now open to hearing opinions from those who have done both (or either) Thanks in advance.

We're going to the other ports in March, I don't think there is much price difference. We wanted to go to some different ports this time as we have been to the ones you went to many times. I've always said that to see the real Caribbean you have to go south out of San Juan. I'm sure you will enjoy whichever way you go, just go.

J & J

We are doing the Summit too - before refurb in late December - and we chose the other itinerary because we wanted to see some new islands. We LOVE Antigua, but have never been to Grenada, Dominica, St. Kitts or St. Croix, so we wanted to see something new. I'm looking forward to the new adventures. I think both itineraries are good and I agree that the eastern and southern Caribbean is enchanting!

I agree that the first set of islands is a nicer trip. However, if its cost prohibitive, I wouldn't hesitate to take Door #2, some of those stops are decent ports. And if your hesitant, stay on ship in a port, maybe you'll enjoy the peace and quiet. Anyway, the Summit will be all gussied up and should make for a nice trip. Enjoy.

We're doing both trips in April as we've booked the Summit B2B. We slightly prefer the first set of islands, but the second set are not bad either. Love Grand Anse beach in Grenada, love snorkeling in Dominica, St Kitts is okay and we always have a nice day there, and St Croix should be fine too. It's a good cruise and if the price right, go for it.

Archived