Just got back from Epic Solo 12/17

HowardK

Aren't those cabins tiny? Can't walk around the bed?

When I first walked in my room, I felt it was so small and didn't know how I was going to survive the week. After I got settled, it was perfect in size. Small but very comfortable. If I didn't have a noisy neighbor, it would've been perfect.

I think NCL should only allow people over maybe 25 or 30 to book these. If they are marketed toward solo travelers, than they should be kept to solo travelers.

I will have to disagree with this statement :)

That is, of course, because when I go on my solo cruise on the Epic I will only be 22. However, I'm paying for the cruise myself as a graduation gift to myself. Age should not matter. Technically the older kids of other parents are "solo" travelers in the fact that the room is for them only.

And as you stated in a later post, everyone is there to have a good time regardless of if they are 14 or 114. I read another post where a family used a studio for their "luggage" room and gave themselves access to the Living Room... WOW! That is ridiculous. I think you should HAVE to use it for a person, because there's many other solos that would've loved that opportunity.

Great review, thank you!

Howard or any other recent Epic Studio travelers.

I traveled a little over a year ago in the studio and loved it. I'm going again in less than a month and just can't remember. Did the lounge have the 5:30 Happy Hour gathering on the 1st evening, Embarcation Day. I was going to make some plans, but wanted to hit the 1st gathering.

And just to throw in a comment about the over 25. I am definitely way way over 25. I'm actually an older single mom of an 8 y/o son. In a sense I am a solo traveler and found that having connecting studios for myself and my son made for an awesome trip. He thoroughly enjoys kids club, while I get to meet and mingle with adults. In the afternoons and in port, we have great Mom and son time, but I need adults for dinners and entertainment. Freestyle concept allows me to feed him at the buffet and drop him off for fun with other kids. This studio concept has been wonderful for my cruising habit.

• 2 years later...

I've been on both NCL EPIC and BREAKAWAY and going Sunday for my second BREAKAWAY experience.

Both ships are very similar and the studio cabin experience is the only way to travel if you are solo IMHO.

The only miss on BREAKAWAY I felt was the location and setup of BLISS.

I ended up doing the Breakaway last year (switched to a balcony the week before only because it was $100 upgrade) and am returning in October to the Breakaway - ended up with a bargin price over the winter for a Studio.

I thought both trips were great; it was more difficult getting into the studio lounge not being in a studio. Also, I didn't want to spend much time in the room ; I would prefer to be outside.

I don't think having a balcony I found makes for a better cruise.

I agree Scrim, Bliss was a lot better on the Epic, and I did like the bowling on the Epic. Spice H20 was different- I did like the waterfall.

I would like to revisit the Epic; but being from NJ as well, Breakaway is a lot closer.

3 years after this trip I still have fond memories of it and am tempted to go in December before it leaves the U.S.