More first timer questions!

hksilverfox

We are sailing on our first Regent cruise on the 6th January and as it was a surprise Christmas gift for my wife the excitement level has gone up considerably in the last day! I have a couple of questions and appologize if they have been answered elsewhere as I cannot find them!

1) How do you let Regent know what you would like in your mini bar? Do we wait till we board and tell them or can we do it ahead of time?

2) DW has MAJOR food allergies - we normally advise the head waiter and he usually assigns us to one table so that it can be monitored. Not sure how this will work with the open seating - any suggestions would be appreciated! We have been into the medical facilities more than once on ships with her food allergies and would like not to do it on this cruise!

We are definitely looking forward to the Regent experience!

Food allergies !!!! Yiks call Regent tomorrow or have your TA contact them ASAP this should have been done weeks ago.... I believe their is a special form to fill out and fax..... As for booze you can let your cabin attendant know what you want.... Too close to sailing to do anything else

Just go to the entrance of Compass Rose when you board and let them know. They will sit down with you and go over menu choices so they can plan a day ahead. There is always a simplicity menu of plain foods available. And there are a number of choices of things geared to people with special needs foods. I was surprised to know they even have lactose free milk as a regular option.

We sat next to a couple for our first lunch on the Navigator last January. The husband called the Maître d' over and explained that his wife had food allergies. The Maître d' advised the husband that he would inform the CR staff and that, starting the next morning, menus would be delivered to their suite and she could special order things should she need to, A few days later we were sitting next to them again. Again the husband called the Maître d' (Stefano) and thanked him and said all was working very well.

So I suggest either do the same at the la Veranda lunch (at the worst they will tell you whom to contact in the CR and at best will do what Stefano did and take care of it!!)

As far as the in-suite liquor choice goes - I assume you are not in a Butler suite or you would already have completed the Butler request form - just tell your steward/stewardess when you board what you would like and it should be there the same evening!

Have a wonderful cruise! Allergies and all...

1) How do you let Regent know what you would like in your mini bar? Do we wait till we board and tell them or can we do it ahead of time?

Your mini bar will be stocked with beer and soft drinks. If you would like spirits tell your stewardess and she will deliver 2 bottles of whatever you ask for, gin, whisky vodka, whatever. She may offer you a list to choose from. If she doesn't then, of course you may ask for one.

As you are sailing next week, there isn't much time to make prior arrangements for anything but your wishes will be accommodated once on board.

Happy cruising. You have some lovely cruising companions from this board.

Archived