Free drinks (for regular passengers?)

cindyleigh

Not frequent flyer percs.

On Carnival alcoholic beverages were free during the first night gathering in the auditorium where they gave an overview of the cruise. I think you could have beer, wine, or whiskey sours.

There was also free champagne when attending the art auction.

Does RCI have events at which the drinks are complimentary?

On Carnival alcoholic beverages were free during the first night gathering in the auditorium where they gave an overview of the cruise. I think you could have beer, wine, or whiskey sours.

Yes. Art auctions if your ship has one, Captain's Reception, Crown&Anchor events if you are a member. You would need to check your ships daily Compass for the days and times. Drinks are similar to what you mentioned on Carnival.

The only free drinks we ever got on Carnival were at the Captain's formal night reception and the returning/repeat cruisers parties. And champagne at the art auction. I never saw free drinks in the auditorium/theater.

On Oasis last week there was a Welcome Aboard Celebration (or something like that). I think it was during the first formal night and it was when the Captain was available for pictures. It was in the Royal Promenade, open to all, and there was free champagne readily available for a good hour or so.

The only free drinks we ever got on Carnival were at the Captain's formal night reception and the returning/repeat cruisers parties. And champagne at the art auction. I never saw free drinks in the auditorium/theater.

The auditorium/theater was where they held the repeat cruisers party for us on Carnival Victory... so I think that's what they probably meant.

The auditorium/theater was where they held the repeat cruisers party for us on Carnival Victory... so I think that's what they probably meant.

That's what I originally thought, but they said the "first night gathering". No one does returning parties on the first night. We've been to returning parties on Carnival. They show all the ships so everyone can applaud the ships they've been on, they do a sales pitch and introduce a few people. They don't give an overview of the current cruise, that is kind of done during the first night welcome aboard show.

Archived