Next Cruise Certificate

On my December 11 Mariner cruise, I decided to try the next cruise certificate purchase, since I'm really uncertain what or when I will be planning my next cruise. I'm really waiting to see more of 2013 before I decide.

I had an appointment with the LA on our last sea day. She told me it was too late to process it, and I should just fill out the form and drop it in the box.

I have seen my credit card charged, I I assume it processed, but my question is, should I expect to get something in the mail, or should I be able to see it in my online account?

Mine was in my email the same day I submitted it onboard, which was a.m. on the say before debarkation.

The sender was listed as "documention" and the subject was "Bkg: Agent Invoice for Reservation ID:...."

So it was a rather non-discriminate email, almost missed it myself. Might want to check your spam folder too.

All it is is a reservation number associated with your C&A number. If you don't have it just give them a call with your C&A number and they should be able to pull it up for you....especially if you know they processed it already.

Thank you! I'm glad I asked.

I gave them a call and found they had an error in my email address. It must have been one too many chocolate martinis when I was filling out the form. :o

All's well, confirmation in hand!

make yourself a mental note....only fill out forms whilst sober.....then have your beverage of choice..

glad you got it all sorted out...now you can set about planning.

make yourself a mental note....only fill out forms whilst sober.....then have your beverage of choice..

glad you got it all sorted out...now you can set about planning.

This one is going to have to stay in my pocket for awhile. I can only focus on one thing at a time, and my countdown to our JOS TA is at 126 days! :D

You should also get 2 "Friends & Family" certificates to use with your NC.

Hmmm....maybe that is why I got three emails. They looked the same to me. I guess I need to look at them more closely.

The F&F certificates are physical pieces of paper that must be mailed to C&A in order for others booking the same cruise as you to get OBC. I've never seen them in electronic form.

You should also get 2 "Friends & Family" certificates to use with your NC.

Hi,

I got the cert. ( freinds and family or whatever they call them now) on my previous reservations / bookings of the "Next cruise", but when I did the last one on board the Navigator just two weeks ago - I did not get them.

I asked Mr. Peter Enns Loyalty & Cruise Sales Manager for the certificates and was told; " we do not do that anymore" ( provide the cert.)

He did say something about informing the reservation agent during making the actual 'specific booking' that others ( friends or family) will also be booking the same cruise and that the benefit ( OBC) will be provided for them.

I do not know if this is some new policy that RCI implemented or if Mr. Enns just wanted to tell me 'something'.

Any one else with similar experience ?

When you do one of these, does it have to go

on your seapass or can you use a credit card?

Hi,

I have done few of them and every time it went on credit card and not the sea pass, even if the same credit card was listed for my sea pass charges.

The last one ( NC) went on my newly opened RCI credit card to get the 15,000 Bonus points that they offered as a promotion.

Hi,

I have done few of them and every time it went on credit card and not the sea pass, even if the same credit card was listed for my sea pass charges.

The last one ( NC) went on my newly opened RCI credit card to get the 15,000 Bonus points that they offered as a promotion.

Thank you!

The F&F certificates are physical pieces of paper that must be mailed to C&A in order for others booking the same cruise as you to get OBC. I've never seen them in electronic form.

This is not always true. No one told me i would get anything in the mail when we filled ours out the last day. Never got a thing. So when i made reservations in Feb 2011. I called told rccl reservations i never got an email or mail. They asked for my C&A number i gave them the number. Said no problem to make the reservation and I got the OBC and a good price too.

So you can book without anything as they have the info in the computer.

Hi,

I got the cert. ( freinds and family or whatever they call them now) on my previous reservations / bookings of the "Next cruise", but when I did the last one on board the Navigator just two weeks ago - I did not get them.

I asked Mr. Peter Enns Loyalty & Cruise Sales Manager for the certificates and was told; " we do not do that anymore" ( provide the cert.)

He did say something about informing the reservation agent during making the actual 'specific booking' that others ( friends or family) will also be booking the same cruise and that the benefit ( OBC) will be provided for them.

I do not know if this is some new policy that RCI implemented or if Mr. Enns just wanted to tell me 'something'.

Any one else with similar experience ?

Wieslaw - we booked a Next Cruise on our Enchantment cruise 2 weeks ago and were given the Friends and Family certificates so they are still doing that.

I did not get a F&F certificate on Oasis last week. The only thing I got was an email with a reservation number for a future cruise. I was under the impression I just book with this number and I can book a total of three rooms under it and get the OBC for each room. This is line with what Texasnana has experienced.

Bob, here is Gina's recent experience with Certs for F&F in this link see post #5 Friends & Family certificate - wrong info given

Bob, here is Gina's recent experience with Certs for F&F in this link see post #5 Friends & Family certificate - wrong info given

Thanks for the link Patti. As usual, the only consistent thing about Royal's communications are their inconsistency. I bought NC certs on cruises this past August, November, and December. Got the paper F&F certificates each time. No one mentioned anything about doing it electronically.

Funny thing is that the F&F certs have instructions to mail them to C&A, but there's no where on the cert to fill in the booking number of the cruise you wish to have credited with the OBC. The master booking number is written in by the LA, but there's no place to note the friend's booking number. I've been writing a cover letter with the friend's booking info and sending it with the F&F cert. So far it's been working - none have been refused like Gina mentioned.

When I get some more time, I'll post a funny thing that happened last December when I purchased our last F&F certs.

Bob

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the link Patti. As usual, the only consistent thing about Royal's communications are their inconsistency. I bought NC certs on cruises this past August, November, and December. Got the paper F&F certificates each time. No one mentioned anything about doing it electronically.

Funny thing is that the F&F certs have instructions to mail them to C&A, but there's no where on the cert to fill in the booking number of the cruise you wish to have credited with the OBC. The master booking number is written in by the LA, but there's no place to note the friend's booking number. I've been writing a cover letter with the friend's booking info and sending it with the F&F cert. So far it's been working - none have been refused like Gina mentioned.

When I get some more time, I'll post a funny thing that happened last December when I purchased our last F&F certs.

Bob

We purchased 2 NC while on board Radiance and we got the paper Certs for F&F. The NC Confirmation Invoice came by email. Now that was a first for us. :D

Happy New Year.

We purchased 2 NC while on board Radiance and we got the paper Certs for F&F. The NC Confirmation Invoice came by email. Now that was a first for us. :D

Happy New Year.

Thanks, Happy New Year to you and your family too.

Bob

What benefit is there in booking or purchasing a next cruise certificate. We are sailing in Feb with RCI and would like to be a bit smarter about booking on board vs the NC certificate vs waiting for a sale. Thanks

Here is my answer to you on the other thread you just posted on about your Baltic's cruise for 2013 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31774967&postcount=15

Cruisenfever - thanks for the reply. That explains a few tidbits I need to know: #1 I am only Gold so no OBC for me; but the $100 deposit is enticing; and this way I can wait and see how the 2013 bookings look. Again, thanks. JanO