Random Question - Any NCL Cruise Seen Wayan?

vicbomb5

Hey guys,

My wife and I will be travelling on the NCL Sun out of Orlando on April 14th, we are very very excited this will be our first cruise since 2009 (can't believe I've been able to wait that long.)

Anyways, there was a bartender on our last cruise on the NCL Spirit out of Boston, MA, he was the nicest guy in the world he treated everyone like gold the entire week.

His name was Wayan, and he was from South America. I was wondering if anyone has seen him recently, and if so which cruise ship was he on?

Was just hoping maybe we would get lucky and I'd be able to track him down on the Sun in April, probably just wishful thinking but he was on the Spirit 1 year for us and on the Dawn a different year so who knows!

-Vic

Hey guys,

My wife and I will be travelling on the NCL Sun out of Orlando on April 14th, we are very very excited this will be our first cruise since 2009 (can't believe I've been able to wait that long.)

Anyways, there was a bartender on our last cruise on the NCL Spirit out of Boston, MA, he was the nicest guy in the world he treated everyone like gold the entire week.

His name was Wayan, and he was from South America. I was wondering if anyone has seen him recently, and if so which cruise ship was he on?

Was just hoping maybe we would get lucky and I'd be able to track him down on the Sun in April, probably just wishful thinking but he was on the Spirit 1 year for us and on the Dawn a different year so who knows!

-Vic

There are many crew members named Wayan but as of this past November, there was a bartender named "Wayan" on the Pearl. You can search under "Norwegian Cruise Line", scroll a bit, "Search this Forum", type in "Wayan bartender" and click "posts". There is a picture ..maybe that's your man. Good luck :) Cinci

Thanks for the help guys! I know there is more than 1 Wayan haha, wish I wrote his last name down last time I left the ship!!!

I'll search the boards see if I have any luck!

That picture is not my guy unfortunately :p

Thanks again though!!

The reason there are many from Bali or Indonesia with the same name is explained in Wiki. I have copied part of the item about the naming system in those countries as information. Can you imagine the confusion in the schools ?????

Note -- After the fourth child, the fifth may also be Wayan because they start over and repeat the names after four. ---------------------

Birth orderThe first born is Wayan, and if there is a fifth child, he/she is often called Wayan Balik (or Wayan "again"). Balinese children/people are given other names, including a new "name" after death. Generally, everyone does use these birth order names to refer to each other, and to call each other constantly throughout the day. "Given" names may be chosen due to, for example, the influence of popular culture or politics. Like some other Indonesian cultures, Balinese do not use family names.

First born names : Wayan, Putu, Gede, Ni Luh(female only)

Second born names : Made, Kadek, Nengah

Third born names : Nyoman, Komang

Fourth born names : Ketut

Archived