Triumph October 29 Review - Better Late Than Never, lol

jhale

I found the crew to be extremely friendly. This is the first cruise in a long time where multiple crew members really stood out.

The ship is in excellent condition, there is always cleaning and maintenance going on. I was surprised to see some rust spots on her hull as we were sailing almost right after her drydock, but it wasn't enough to ruin anything for us. Honestly had I not known about the drydock, I'd have thought nothing of it.

The food areas were always well maintained as well, no trays of half eaten goodies laying around, they seemed to be very good about picking things up after people.

Our room steward was amazing, towel animal every night, always greeted us by name when he saw us, kept our collapsable cooler full of ice. I mention this because the ice machine was almost right across from our room and we could've easily done it, but he just kept beating us to it!

I forgot to post the pic of our towel zoo...

october29cruise054-1.jpg

Thanks for the fast reply

Wonderful review and great pics!! Your mom sounds like a keeper like mine she just goes with the flow.

Since we are sick of paying 200 percent for the balcony to get air where do we find those secret cabins???? Not sharing a room with mom and would suit us well. Do they have chairs as well? Wonder if just certain class of ships?

JHale! We were on this sailing too. I have a few pics of the smurfs too. This was a blast on Halloween and I got my Disco cup too!! :)

Did you see that crazy costume with the feet on the head and hands on the feet so it looked like he was walking on his hands? He was cracking me up in the Disco

Wonderful review and great pics!! Your mom sounds like a keeper like mine she just goes with the flow.

Since we are sick of paying 200 percent for the balcony to get air where do we find those secret cabins???? Not sharing a room with mom and would suit us well. Do they have chairs as well? Wonder if just certain class of ships?

Most of the ships built after the Fantasy class have these little areas on at least 3 decks at the front of the ships. The only one I'm not sure about is the Spirit class.

The Fantasy class ships have them on the Verandah deck, but there aren't any obstructed view cabins, just the "secret" door.

There were loungers in this area on the Triumph, as well as a couple of benches.

JHale! We were on this sailing too. I have a few pics of the smurfs too. This was a blast on Halloween and I got my Disco cup too!! :)

Did you see that crazy costume with the feet on the head and hands on the feet so it looked like he was walking on his hands? He was cracking me up in the Disco

Yes! Upside down guy was hilarious. I have a couple pics of him in the disco but they're so dark it's hard to tell what's what.

I saw in one of your pictures a can of Select 55 beer. Is Carnival now carrying this beer? I hope so!:D

That I can't answer as that was my mom's doing. She had put it in her checked bag without my knowing, lol. She's going to learn about that naughty room someday I tell you!

Fabulous review! I'm very excited to sail on the Triumph!

Can you see the coastline of Mexico when sailing from Progreso to Cozumel?

You know, I've never thought to look for the coastline. I would think you probably could though.

Enjoyed the review! Interesting too, that your name is Jaclyn. My wife is another Jaclyn -- there's not too many of them out there. ;)

So true! Everyone else has i's, e's or q's in there somewhere.

Thank you. We sail the Triumph this Saturday. I have sailed her before; but it was years ago when she was fairly new.

Good for you for sailing with your Mom. I did that for many years and I lost her 5 years ago; but she was certainly a trooper and sounds just like your Mom. Where's my DOD and when's our next "feeding" LOL.

Thanks again.

Chick.

It was the red cooler, which now that I have a red and blue I'm done collecting, lol.

Thanks. I'll let you know if it changed. I have tons of blues, but no reds. I just read a thread where as of late December, all ships were supposed to have the new backpack. I do not have one of those, and it looked neat.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. We are sailing soon with the four day on the Triumph and I'm reading everything I can get my hands on. I haven't been on the Triumph since 2000, but it is nice to hear that she has held up pretty well. The pictures look great. I'm glad you had a good cruise. Thanks again!

Thanks for the great review!!! Did I miss something, how did you get the bottle of SKKY and the champagne on the boat?

Thanks!!!

We ordered the SKYY from Bon Voyage, it was delivered to our cabin a couple of hours after we sailed. The champagne we brought on board, you can bring 1 bottle of wine/champagne per person (21 years old of course) when embarking.

Archived