Balcony on Dawn and Smoking Question

alwalaska

I am fresh off the Epic, the first full week of their new smoking policy. I had an aft balcony and only two times did I come inside because of smoking. The first time was our neighbor next to us, who was smoking a cigar and the other time someone a few doors down was smoking and the wind was blowing directly my way, other than that I was not bothered by anyone on their balconies.

The new policy prohibits cigar smoking on the balcony so if you see someone doing it, just call guest services and they will take care of it. I went to guest services to report the person smoking their cigar and by the time I got back to my room the situation was dealt with and they never again smoked a cigar on their balcony.

I also get immediate headaches from cigarette smoke. I had a terrible time on balconies, and this was before there was a rule of no smoking in cabins. It should be way worse now. You will have to go to the top deck for fresh air. My brother and his wife just did a meditterenean cruise (rci) where they were unable to use the balcony at all. I use inside cabins now.

If you find a smoke-free cruise, let me know. I'll go with you.

Try Celebrity - they don't allow smoking on balconies. There are others but you'll need to research yourself, sorry. I'm a smoker:D

Archived