Wine Stores around La Quinta Inns?

Fat Bottom Gurl

We are staying at the La Quinta inn the night before cruising and are wondering if there is a good wine store in the area.

Also - am wondering about boarding (Princess) we on our own for boarding - when we get to the pier are their baggage carts available to put our luggage on? Where abouts do we hand off our baggage to be taken to our stateroom?

Thanks

We've stay at that LaQuinta a couple of times & once walked to a liquor store we thought was nearby (someone in our group googled it & it didn't seem like it would be a bad walk).

While the walk distance wise wasn't bad (under a mile), it involved trying to cross a multi-lane highway at a point where other lanes merged in. There wasn't a sidewalk at one point by there so we were on a grassy area after going under a highway overpass, 5 of us walking single-file. You get the picture...not the safest journey. The rest of the walk had sidewalks but I would never do it again. Not worth being killed by a car. Also, the small liquor store was located in a bar/"restaurant" so the prices were not cheap. Now that I'm thinking about it too, I don't think they even sold wine. I didn't feel concerns about the neighborhood, but would not have gone in the dark. Mostly bldgs. that were not occupied on the weekend so very little foottraffic.

If ever staying at LaQuinta in Ft. Lauderdale, that is a short walk to BJs, which has a liquor store with good prices. Where you are though, just wrap wine in bubble wrap & place in one of the x-tra large size ziplock bags & pack carefully in your luggage or I'd say forget about it.

The hotel was fine though - basic rooms, nice breakfast in a.m. & free airport pickup & free shuttle to pier. Book your transportation to pier as soon as you check-in if you want an early time.

Archived