Chair Hogs question

lightsleeper

There are more than enough lounge chairs, its all in the location. ;) Even if you could carry another lounge chair over to the aft pool, there would be no place to put it, space is so limited. I have seen this sign by the 2 mid-ship pools, but it was not by the aft pool. :( It is sad that Princess chooses not to enforce it's own policies. Why shouldn't folks break the rules when they know there will be no consequences?

The reality is, the space by the pool is limited, and that it is the most fun place to be on the sea days, and people are going to reserve chairs by the pool, not to spite the rules, but because they know others are doing it. It's the only way to get a spot.

With that in mind, I always thought a considerate method would be for a person to occupy one chair and save one only for their travel partner. Go to breakfast on sea days one person at a time. If your travel party is 3 couples, no less than 3 people should be waiting while saving for the other 3. If you're a person who must stay up late partying and drinking and therefore can't get up early to sit in a chair, then maybe you're one of the people who shouldn't occupy the deck loungers in the primo spots. For any of you who think it's okay to save 4 or 5 chairs for the rest of your family or whatnot, please, try this method.

It stinks that we live in a dog eat dog world. It would definitely be helpful if the deck attendants would clear off chairs and put them on a table like someone else noted. Who wants to get in an argument with another cruiser while on vacation. I've seen a few of these, and they're not pleasant.

The reality is, the space by the pool is limited, and that it is the most fun place to be on the sea days, and people are going to reserve chairs by the pool, not to spite the rules, but because they know others are doing it. It's the only way to get a spot.

That's probably very true. I know I sometimes will keep a chair longer than I would if there were any to be had when I returned, slightly over the advertized limit. It's only human nature & since there will always be people who will abuse the privilege it doesn't leave much choice.

Archived