New to rccl only sailed Dcl. Nervous.

Now where is Gina when you need her????

She is another Mickey ship fan but she does love Voyager, right Gina?:D

LOL, Becci!! I think everyone here has covered all the bases nicely. :)

My .02: Ship-wise, Voyager is every bit as beautiful and the amenities every bit as nice as the Magic. When it comes to staff, I have to give it to DCL -- amazing Cast Members have always been the backbone of what makes Disney so above-the-rest in any venture, and the DCL ships are no different. And if you're a Disney nut, you "get" the sheer unbridled joy of walking around a corner onboard and running into Goofy. Or unexpectedly riding an elevator with Mickey. It makes me smile from ear to ear just thinking about it.

So really, the biggest piece of advice I could give would be to not compare the two at all. Go into it with a *totally* different mindset, and enjoy the beautiful Voyager on all her own merits. I'll be on Mariner in 46 days, and can't WAIT!! That being said, to say I'm unspeakably happy about the Magic homeporting less than 30 minutes from my house would be the understatement of the millenium. :D

-gina-

Prior to our first sailing on the Mariner, we had only sailed on the Magic (one time). I was nervous. We loved our experience with DCL, and IMHO, the Rainforest room in the spa can't be beat. We've now sailed something like 7 times on RCL, and probably won't go back to DCL. If I want a Disney fix, I go to Disney World for a few nights. I cruise for relaxation, and RCL does that well. I find you can do as much as you want, or as little as you want!

With 17 cruises on DCL, the OP must like their product a lot. I agree with a PP's suggestion. Go to VOS with an open mind and expect things will be different, from embarkation to disembarkation. Appreciate the difference and enjoy them.

I have only done two DCL Bahamas cruises and both are 4 nights and honestly, they aren't relaxed cruises to us ... maybe one day if I can do the 14-days Hawaii there then it can be. There are so many things going on and always have the fear of missing something. Contrary, we just came back from a cruise on HAL. It was so relaxed as there wasn't really much to do. Immediately after the cruise I was more determined that a Disney cruise (at least for Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries) is what we like at this point of our life.

For RCL Voyager class and above ships, since they are so big and there are so many things going on, for a 7 (or more) days cruise you can you to do as much as you can or as little as you can.

Archived