Sign/Sail unlimited soda

nonoise

I have never bought one. How much is it? Does it vary based on the length of the cruise? We are taking a 7 night.

$6 per day plus 15% gratuity. The rule of thumb is 3 pops per day is break even compared with just buying them without the famous sticker.

$6 per day plus 15% gratuity. The rule of thumb is 3 pops per day is break even compared with just buying them without the famous sticker.

Thank you. That's a steal, if you drink a lot of soda. I personally don't. Maybe my fiancé will get one for our upcoming trip. He drinks more soda than I do.

i saw them take my wifes card for every purchase and swipe it but don't know why.:confused:

Bill

I wonder if they are tracking how many sodas the avarage cruiser orders using soda card. (whether indiviual or how many overall for the cruise) to know if they should raise prices or something //??

I said that too a couple weeks ago on another post but I was told none of the registers have this capability and Carnival would upgrade them because it would cost too much and they would have to rewire their whole system.

I know nothing about how cash registers are hooked up or wired and i know i saw them take my wifes card for every purchase and swipe it but don't know why.:confused:

Bill

Bill - I asked the first time we used the card and it was swiped, and then I asked another bartender later in the week about it, and then after we'd been at once place several times, they almost apologized for having to swipe because they knew we were legit but they said they have to do it when other people are around especially so no one complains.

We plan on buying one for my DW. It isn't the cost so much as the convenience of not having to run back to the cabin every time you want a soda or loading up on the S&S card. I'll buy soda as I need to. Unless my DW wants to treat me to one.:rolleyes: I would rather have a beer though.:D

We plan on buying one for my DW. It isn't the cost so much as the convenience of not having to run back to the cabin every time you want a soda or loading up on the S&S card. I'll buy soda as I need to. Unless my DW wants to treat me to one.:rolleyes: I would rather have a beer though.:D

I figure my Fiancé will get one and on the RARE occasion I drink a soda I will buy one. I would rather have the DOD than a soda. :)

I wonder if they are tracking how many sodas the avarage cruiser orders using soda card. (whether indiviual or how many overall for the cruise) to know if they should raise prices or something //??

They could just as easily do this by their inventory numbers (which they keep impeccable records of.) Number of sodas used at the end of the week divided by the number of people who bought the soda card on that sailing.

I agree about convenience, but we still bring on our allotted amount because it keeps our soda tab down. We know we'll be in the room at least once or twice during the day, so even if we buy one at the bar, that might be two or three we get from the room which, per day, keeps us from spending almost $10 between us. I also carry a small backpack with me so I can have the Fun Times, my ID, etc. on me, and it's really easy to load a few cans in there as well.

They could just as easily do this by their inventory numbers (which they keep impeccable records of.) Number of sodas used at the end of the week divided by the number of people who bought the soda card on that sailing.

I agree about convenience, but we still bring on our allotted amount because it keeps our soda tab down. We know we'll be in the room at least once or twice during the day, so even if we buy one at the bar, that might be two or three we get from the room which, per day, keeps us from spending almost $10 between us. I also carry a small backpack with me so I can have the Fun Times, my ID, etc. on me, and it's really easy to load a few cans in there as well.

It would give them a ballpark figure but since they don't give you the whole can I don't know how it would be an exact amount.

Bill

They could just as easily do this by their inventory numbers (which they keep impeccable records of.) Number of sodas used at the end of the week divided by the number of people who bought the soda card on that sail.

But the # of cans used would also reflect the # sold as well as the 'free' ones used by SodaCard holders....

so if they swiped a 'free' soda, that would let them know.

Archived