STDs and Invites or just invites

I am curious if people are sending STDs and invites for thier cruises.

I have verbally told everyone I am inviting, so I thought of that as my save the date. My plan is to send out message in the bottle invites directing everyone to our website, about 18 prior to sailing,once the cruise is viewable online. We will be having our ceremony on board so all who wish to attend must cruise with us.

We are doing a vow renewal and I looked on The knot and i do take two and both say not to send out invites so early and to definatly send save the dates. What is everyone else doing?:confused:

Vow renewal cruise 7/18/14 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda

Ceremony 7/22/14 on board

I have verbally told everyone I am inviting, so I thought of that as my save the date. My plan is to send out message in the bottle invites directing everyone to our website, about 18 prior to sailing,once the cruise is viewable online. We will be having our ceremony on board so all who wish to attend must cruise with us.

We are doing a vow renewal and I looked on The knot and i do take two and both say not to send out invites so early and to definatly send save the dates. What is everyone else doing?:confused:

I sent out STD's about a year in advance of the wedding. My inviations are also MIB's but I haven't sent them out yet. I am planning on sending them in March (6 months prior). But we aren't promoting sailing guests.

If I were you, I would send out the STD's with directions to your website and potential fares etc (based on historic costs for room types).

Send out your msg in a bottle invitations maybe 6-9 months in advance or whenever ppl can begin booking the cruise, Def not more than 12 months in advance.

I'm doing wine bottle STDs that match my MIB invitations, from IDoMagents.

https://cn01.800app.com/uploadfile/FieldFile/25691/108009/630513--J.jpg

I'll be sending them as soon as they arrive, so about 7 months before the cruise.

However, I've already personally extended the sailing invite for those that I would like to sail with us, months ago. (Which has been kinda a hassle actually).

Since your renewal requires all sailing guests, giving them time to save and book would be much easier on your guests.

I'm still deciding on adding information in the STD about the possibility of sailing. Just to be on the safe side of no ill feelings from some actually interested in going, that I didn't personally invite.

Nona

I mailed out STD's a little over a year in advance (about 13 months) and had 20 people book just off of the STD. I will be mailing out our invitations (created our own cruise brochure invitations) about 2 months before final payment is due on the cruise. With destination weddings I feel like the normal wedding ettiquette for when to send STD's and invitations is flexible, so do what works best for you.

I am sending out STD's about 18 months before our wedding, I ordered postcards from the port that we are getting married at. Those will be sent out as our save the dates, with our wedding website info on the back. With our invitations I am sending a small square sticker (that fits in a calendar grid) so that our guests can mark it on their calendar, and join in on the countdown!

I sent out save the dates a year in advance (I invited people on the cruise) and in those I included slips of paper that gave info about the cruise.

Sent out invitations and RSVP cards stating that I needed everyone's drivers license number or similar ID, birth date, and exact name on that ID. Also told them they needed that ID to get on the cruise. In addition to that my mother's cousin sent out an e-mail to everyone. All of my mother's side sent back the RSVP cards with the appropriate information, most people outside that did not, even though it was clearly stated on the invitation and RSVP card. Last day to send in names I was calling people trying to get the information, it was incredibly frustrating.

I sent out save the dates a year in advance (I invited people on the cruise) and in those I included slips of paper that gave info about the cruise.

Sent out invitations and RSVP cards stating that I needed everyone's drivers license number or similar ID, birth date, and exact name on that ID. Also told them they needed that ID to get on the cruise. In addition to that my mother's cousin sent out an e-mail to everyone. All of my mother's side sent back the RSVP cards with the appropriate information, most people outside that did not, even though it was clearly stated on the invitation and RSVP card. Last day to send in names I was calling people trying to get the information, it was incredibly frustrating.

See, I don't want to go through that at all.

I think it's so disrespectful for ppl not send back the RSVP cards, etc.

I have heard such horror stories about RSVPs I am thinking of having the RSVP on my website. My invites will have the website on them. Also I am thinking of making the RSVP list public like one would on a facebook. This way I can have them fill out all necessary info there and make only names and comments public ( having a family of compu geniuses and web site gods and goddesses in my family helps) I don't know yet. I will have to see how it goes.

For a DW it's OK to send out STDs 12-18 months in advance and invites 3-5 months in advance (definitely 30-60 days before final payment!).

We only had a 6 month engagement so we skipped the STDs and just sent out the invites at 5 months so guests could decide if they wanted to go and make payments rather than owe everything up front. Our final payment was 90 days out so it gave guests two months to save and make payments. It worked out pretty well for us! But, I think if our guests had more notice we'd have more people coming. Right now we're having about 10 total, including us.

Why did you need all that info? Were you booking people yourself???? I never got this info and now I'm worried I'm missing something.

Archived