Help Me Choose!

rlwidel

Hi everyone! I am itching to take another cruise with my hubby and three kiddos (ages 15, 11, 9) and need help deciding which way to go, Southern or Eastern Caribbean. We have been to the Western twice so want something new. The Southern would be a 8 day including the ports of Curacao, Aruba, Grand Turk, and La Romana. The Eastern would be a 7 day stopping at Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

We love to snorkel, and have done island tours, swimming with stingrays, and day passes to all inclusive resorts. I really would like to know which way is best with three active kids.

Thanks for your input!

We try to choose different itineraries, and we're on an Eastern Cruise in June, and probably will do a Southern Cruise late this year or early next, if we don't book an Alaskan cruise in its place next summer. The Southern ports you listed the ones we want to go to. I'd find several threads or post on your choices, along with information on the internet and go from there.

Hi everyone! I am itching to take another cruise with my hubby and three kiddos (ages 15, 11, 9) and need help deciding which way to go, Southern or Eastern Caribbean. We have been to the Western twice so want something new. The Southern would be a 8 day including the ports of Curacao, Aruba, Grand Turk, and La Romana. The Eastern would be a 7 day stopping at Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

We love to snorkel, and have done island tours, swimming with stingrays, and day passes to all inclusive resorts. I really would like to know which way is best with three active kids.

Thanks for your input!

I haven't done the Caribbean yet, but I would assume it's much like the Med. All the countries have the same flavour, really. You will be able to find activities for the kids and I think you'll have a great time not matter where you decide to go.

I have heard though that the Southern Caribbean is beautiful.

Thanks for your input!

Do the Southern cruise route. It's LONGER! :D

I have done both southern (twice)western and eastern. I loved the islands on the southern routes I took (some of which you list) but if I look at which islands these cruises go to I would vote for Eastern. It is very east to get to St. John from St. Thomas, that is my favorite island out of all I have been to. Check it out under ports of call. There is lots of info posted. Half Moon Cay was like being in Paradise. One of the best beach days of all I haved. We were able to get to Grand Turk and it was also spectacular :) Wish I were on any of these islands right now rather that 20 degrees and gray.:(

Archived