sea sickness

wilko1969

Have you talked to your doctor? Ask him what you should take.

You will not feel as much motion if your cabin is in the middle of the ship and on a low deck. Think of a pendulum. The top goes back and forth very fast and hardly moves at its base. A ship is like that, the front and back, higher up, feels the motion, lower decks mid ship don't.

They say eating saltines or an apple and don't look at the horizon helps.

Ginger is great. I have never been able to find any capsules.

In a pinch, people snack on gingersnaps etc. Finding them on sale everywhere since it is after the holidays.

I swear by Motion Eze, available at Walmart. It is a nautral oil that you rub a couple of drops behind your ears. Cost about $7.50 for a tiny bottle but it goes a long way. Also take armbands. In a pinch, you can also use a dime and rubberband around your wrist (radiall artery).

Before you take something, you should know, your cabin should be in the middle lower part of the ship, and have at least porthole.

Try ginger - sold in pharmacies in a bottle of 100 capsules, easy to swallow - start 2 days before the cruise, continue through the cruise, and for 2-3 days after the cruise. If you are taking blood thinners, ask your doctor.

Make sure you are not hungry, meaning there is something always in your tummy - a fruit or a cookie. Try to avoid sweets.

Bring Bonine (meclizine) with you for rough sea days.

These worked for my daughter recently. She took Bonine the day before we embarked. It's non-drowsy and 1 pill per 24hours. My other daughter go queazy on a rough sea night and we gave her green apples (they had them out at the buffet and everyone was taking them back to people in their rooms who were sick). She said it worked, and I overheard other people the next day saying it worked for them too.

Archived