Weather Permitting Alaska whale watching

am2

Just booked a whale watching trip in July with Captain Greg of Weather Permitting Alaska. Has anyone done this tour? Went with this company because of glowing Trip Advisor reviews and the fact that it will just be the 6 of us (my parents, DH and I, and our kids ages 10 and 8) and he will drop us off at Mendenhall Glacier after the tour. Hoping I made a good choice!

You made a good choice! My family of four (two kids were ages 10 and 16 at the time) and my sister and her husband had a wonderful tour with Captain Greg the summer before last. We saw lots of whales, but so much more. We also saw dall porpoise which was a real treat. They look like mini orcas. He also showed us some amazing scenery both on the drive to his boat and while we were cruising. He was a great guide, captain and host and his boat is amazingly comfortable and stable and offers lots of space for great wildlife viewing both inside and on deck. The entire experience was top-notch and I would highly recommend his tour. (And, as an added bonus the brownies he serves - well they are just awesome!)

I have to admit that it was the brownies that sold me on it, so I'm so glad to hear they are good!

LOL. And Budget Queen talks about how the captain is one of the most important factors to her in a whale watch tour. At least she admits that is low on most people's list of priorities :)

• 4 weeks later...
Just booked a whale watching trip in July with Captain Greg of Weather Permitting Alaska. Has anyone done this tour? Went with this company because of glowing Trip Advisor reviews and the fact that it will just be the 6 of us (my parents, DH and I, and our kids ages 10 and 8) and he will drop us off at Mendenhall Glacier after the tour. Hoping I made a good choice!

Hi! I just got finished booking a whale watching tour with Weather Permitting on July 1. We are taking our first Alaskan cruise on Radiance of the Seas. I'm looking into the White Pass Yukon Rail Excursion in Skagway & Alaska Canopy Adventures in Ketchikan- any tips,comments, suggestions...

My extended family and I are also booked with Captain Greg in May. Having previously sailed Alaska, my family and I took the White Pass Train ride excursion up and back (and everyone fell asleep on the way back). The scenery is lovely, but it's a long train ride. We also did the glass blowing at Jewel Gardens, which was a memorable experience.

Archived