RCI reservation issue

ddgleason

Alright, has anyone had this happen?

We are booked on the Mariner in 2 cabins. Therefore 2 different reservation numbers to access on line check in. First cabin has no problems. Logged into RCI website and accessed the reservation. Second cabin- major issues. The website keeps telling me "We are unable to access your reservation. Please try again later." So I did. And I did. Finally, last week I started calling RCI. Of course, every rep gives a different answer. The first one said she could see the reservation is locked but she unlocked it and I need to give it 15-20 minutes before I try again. So I did. Still nothing.

Call back. This time the rep tells me that because I booked through a TA he cannot help me. I know that is bull, but I tell him I will call my agent just to verify that she doesn't have anything to do with RCI's website. Call her and she says almost word for word that exact same thing. Call RCI back.

Third time is the charm: got someone who actually wants to get this resolved. He had to put me on hold many times because he was baffled by this since it is paid in full, but he was very nice and kept apologizing. Finally he comes back and says that the resolution department had to actually make a resolution ticket number and submit it to get it fixed because no one has a clue what is going on with it. He said wait 48 hours so they could get to it and then call right back if it is still a problem.

So, has anyone experienced anything like this? Ideas of what might be going on here?

This happened to us with having a B2B booked... And having 2 cabins on both sailings that were linked... Had to get them to "unlink" everything and make it 4 totally seperate reservations in order to make show reservations and to be able to pay off 3 of them! I suggest calling and unlinking them... Do what you need to do for reservations online check in etc then get the cabins linked back up about 2 weeks from sail date... Worked for us... After about 2 hrs total on hold at assorted times with many unconcerned and one really concened rep :)

Have reservation transfered to your travel agent. He or she should be able to handle this. It looks like your RCI person made this as a "continuation" not a seperate booking.

For example; where some cabins can have 5 but computer can only book up to 4, so it gives you 2 reservation numbers for the one booking. It is confusing but any GOOD travel agent should know what to do.

I can't log out of the reservation because I have never logged in. It won't let me.

And we originally booked it with our TA, not through Royal. I don't think I understand what you mean by transferring it to the TA. Wouldn't she already have it?

Checked it earlier and still can't log in. Grrrrrr....:mad:

The one time that I booked two cabins, one was in my name (with DH) and one was in my mother's name (with her friend). I had to set up an RCI "My Cruises" account in my mother's name (I called it "momsaccount" and used my email address and the same password to make it easy). I have to access my account, take care of the changes/payments/whatever that I need to, log out, then log into "momsaccount" to do the same for the other cabin.

Archived