sign and sail card

free spirit

HELLO ALL!! This is my first entry so I hope all goes well. My sister and I are headed to the Bahamas on Majesty of the Seas 5/9, my first and sister's second. I have a question regarding the sea pass. Will I be able to obtain on using cash or is a credit card required? If cash is acceptable, is there a minimum? We are sailing with Royal Caribbean. Thanks for the assistance.:)

You can back your sign and sail card with either cash or a credit card, but a credit card is much, much easier. When using cash, you have to keep putting money into your account once you get close to using up what you gave and on the last morning you have to stand in a long, long line to get any refund of money you have left in the account. It's just such a pain to do that. Most cruise lines ask for a minimum of anywhere from $250 to $300 per person if you're going to use cash, and they will call you once that amount gets to under $50, and then you have to go and put more cash in the account.

The "problem" with using your debit card is that it may have a maximum per day limit. If the cruise line saves your charges until the end & tries to put them all through at once, even if you have more money in your account, the bank will stop the transaction at your per day limit.

We used our debit cards on all of our cruises (all were w/Carnival) and never had a problem....Usually within a week after the cruise...They took the money out of our account.... Just make sure u have enough money in the account b4 u leave

Later,

Randy

Archived