Another Soda Card question....

GinaRz

I've heard people suggest to bring a cup with you. If I were to bring my 24oz cup with lid and straw would they fill that with my soda card or do they use their own. I've also heard the kids get smaller servings of soda, would they be able to use something like this to eliminate the need to refill often?

We bought a bigger carnival mug in the gift shop, and they wouldn't fill it. They would only fill the mug (12 or so oz) that was available for purchase at the time of the soda card sign up. I wouldn't bother with the mugs next time, just one more thing to haul around.

We bring our own insulated cups with lid & straw. They are around 20 oz and the staff will fill them for us. Makes it easier to carry 2 of them on the lido. That way one of us can stay at the chairs and we won't be called chair hogs ;) By the end of the cruise the bartenders know what we want before we even order. I call them my sippy cups since they do not spill. We don't take them to the dining room though.

They are also handy for filling with ice tea or water.

we bring sports bottles to take on excursions with us .Some cruises they frown upon filling but mostly by the end of the cruise they dont care ( i usually tip a buck each soda) and the first or second day we have a favorite bartender who likes my $1 and recognizes us every time:)

We have started taking our own drinks on board. You can take one 12 pack of cans or 2 6 packs. It saves you money. Just you have to carry it on board and keep it until the rooms are ready. If you want to save money then that is the way to go.

My experience here is that if one can won't fill it up, they will not fill your cup. So leave those Bubba cups at home. If you buy one of their drink containers at the sign up or at a bar, they will fill it every time. If you plan on putting rum in it, let them put the soda in first, otherwise they have a nasty habit of dumping and washing out the cup before they fill it. Carry a flask with your rum or what ever in it and put it in after they fill it.

We have started taking our own drinks on board. You can take one 12 pack of cans or 2 6 packs. It saves you money. Just you have to carry it on board and keep it until the rooms are ready. If you want to save money then that is the way to go.

And they have gotten really bad about checking the 12 packs, they will now open and pull every can out to be sure there isn't anything (beer) in there that shouldn't be. :( They will even take out every bottle of bottled water and shake it and inspect the labels and seals to make sure it hasn't been tampered with before it goes on the ship. Our last cruise out of Miami was an adventure when it came to boarding with all the soda and water we brought on board with our group.

Archived