Tahitian Princess March 20th, 2006 who's going?

rob&deb

We are doing 2 nights pre-cruise at IC Tahiti. We booked 1 night post-cruise even though we fly out of the 30th. While we can stay on-board that day, it would feel more comfortable to have a room. I asked about early check-in and they quoted $150/USD extra for a 10am check-in guarantee. So we will just stay on the ship until lunch, then check-in at about 2pm. Head to the airport before the crowds we hope. I understand the IC has a day room available free to pre-cruise guests, but I think it is just a 45 minute limit for a quick shower.

We are less than 12 hours from departure for the airport. We have managed to get everything into 1 checked bag each at 44 lb more or less, and one carryon each at 22 lb, also more or less. The only flight where we might have a problem is the Air Moorea/Tahiti to Moorea. We will pay the excess if we have to.

We are at the Moorea Pearl Resort from March 12 - 20 and at the Royal Tahitien the night of March 30.

Look forward to seeing you all on board. We will likely be near the pool bar at sailaway, and hope to recognize you all from your pictures. Laura, we will try to connect in Moorea after you arrive. We will leave a message at your hotel.

Safe travels all..

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

(P.S. Marilyn, we are right in Toronto; we are currently close to Yonge Street, just south of the 401, moving just north.)

Wow! Our first group heading out today. How exciting!!!

Safe travels to you Steph & Peter!!!! We look forward to meeting up with you in Moorea - if there is any new news from the roll call, I can update you.

Looks like the cruise this week was able to make it to Rarotonga - the first to successfully tender since December I understand. I hope that bodes well for us!!!!

I'm sure I've spelt that wrong.

Anyway, I suppose I'm too late to say have pleasant flights Steph and Peter.

It is sooooo nice to say I'm going on vacation next week. :D

The 16th can't come fast enough for me.

I've gotten a bit concerned as there is strep throat going around the office and I'm avoiding everyone like the plague. If anyone gives me that they won't live to see the next day!!!:D :D (jk)

I've ordered the aqua shoes from Sears catalogue so they should be here by the end of the week. That's the last missing thing!!!

Marilyn

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the information. I did get a reply back from our TA, IC does have a room to store luggage and they also have a day room where you can shower for 45 minutes per couple, it sounds a bit better than 300.00 for a room for the day!!

The poolbar at sailaway sounds like a great time to meet everyone! What does everyone think? Any other suggestions?

Let me know, we are anxious to meet everyone!

Have a great week!

Deb and Rob

Good news on the IC, we'll probably take advantage of it in Moorea and Tahiti. We usually want to lounge and swim anyway, so all we will need is a shower.

I've had a virus today, but it seems to be quick, so I think I'll be good to go by tomorrow.

Can't say the same for the docs though - the TA finally admitted they've lost them and were going to issue new ones - however, the ATN airline tickets are a problem. Ernie's supposed to give them 24 hours and call back tomorrow to see what they've worked out. I'm so tired of it. The 16th can't arrive soon enough for me either!!!! I can only hope everything will be worked out by then.

Watched a new photoshow posted on the Pacific Islands Board, and it reminded me that it will all be worth it!!!

OK, so I have been refering to the Tahitian Princess as "TP". But low and behold, that is the Star Princess. The Tahitian Princess is "TA":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5976819#post5976819

Learn something new everyday.

Do you need paper tickets for ATN? We did Princess Air and got a pdf with our info, but no paper tickets mailed.

OK, so I have been refering to the Tahitian Princess as "TP". But low and behold, that is the Star Princess. The Tahitian Princess is "TA":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5976819#post5976819

Learn something new everyday.

Do you need paper tickets for ATN? We did Princess Air and got a pdf with our info, but no paper tickets mailed.

That may be the official one, but I would not have recognized TA as Tahitian Princess (I'd think you were talking about your travel agent!!), or TP as Star for that matter.

As to the tickets...I'm not sure, they just said they couldn't duplicate those....today the story is they've found them and they're in the hands of the courier...a tracking number is imminent...hope to see them soon!!

Everything else is falling together nicely, I'm about to see light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Laura, I'm glad to hear you've finally got your documents. Now I hope everything is good to go for you.

I finally got the water shoes for us.

Less than a week now. yesterday one of the girls at work said "it's already March 15". I just blurted out " oh my god, I haven't packed yet." :D I guess I wanted to believe here. lol

Marilyn

I just emailed the hotel we are staying at about making reservations at Le Belevedere Restaurant for March 18. She really answered promptly - within 2 minutes. She said we could make reservations as soon as we get to the hotel, so that's what we're going to do.

I've read about this restaurant and it seems a great way to spend Saturday night :)

I just emailed the hotel we are staying at about making reservations at Le Belevedere Restaurant for March 18. She really answered promptly - within 2 minutes. She said we could make reservations as soon as we get to the hotel, so that's what we're going to do.

I've read about this restaurant and it seems a great way to spend Saturday night :)

I hear good things - I'd like to hear what you think about it - we're considring eating there on the 31st before we fly home.

Tried to post yesterday but it doesn't seem to have registered. Packing all but done, Steph and Peter arrive here in Vancouver this afternoon for overnight with us, then we're off to LAX tomorrow, en route to Moorea Sunday for 8 days before boarding the ship on the 20th. See you all at sail-away on the 21st if not before. Safe journey all!

the VERY excited Heather and George

Tried to post yesterday but it doesn't seem to have registered. Packing all but done, Steph and Peter arrive here in Vancouver this afternoon for overnight with us, then we're off to LAX tomorrow, en route to Moorea Sunday for 8 days before boarding the ship on the 20th. See you all at sail-away on the 21st if not before. Safe journey all!

the VERY excited Heather and George

We're excited for you!!!! Have a great trip and get lots of R&R!!

We're packing tomorrow so we can weigh the bags at Ernie's work - then we're coming along on Thursday - can't wait!!!!

We packed yesterday. As one who usually does carry-ons every week, we have really grown our cruise packing list too much. We have more stuff than we took to Alaska where it is cold and you need layers of warm clothes! I need to relax as I am re-thinking everything. I reserved a snorkel on Raiatea but the Drift Snorkel looks like so much more excitement. I'd ready about people getting cut-up on the coral and it scared me away. But it looks like so much fun. What if I never make it back to this part of the world?

Well, it's just about that time. This has taken forever to arrive!!!

We had lots of rain but a warm day today. It's suppose to get progressively worse all week, rain, snow, snow, did I say snow?

I hope it doesn't hold us up from flying out on Thursday morning!!:eek:

I heard there was even snow in L.A. on the weekend. :eek:

Just one pair of sandles left to get for David and he's working umpteen hours..I may have to guess and get them for him myself tomorrow.

Don't you just love the last minute stuff :p

Marilyn

I'm with you Marilyn - I can't believe I'm finally doing all the last minute stuff!!!

Peter & Steph and Heather & George should have arrived in Moorea yesterday - the rest of us will be joining them soon - yea!!!!:D :D :D

Hi everyone!

I am envious...I wish we were leaving sooner but what can you do!!! We only leave on Monday the 20th...that being said if there is even a hint of snow on monday we will be flying out on Sunday we can't afford to miss our flight from halifax to Newark!!!

We haven't packed yet, just have everything laid out in the spare room we'll pack on Thursday to make sure we don't need to get anything else.

quick question..what if anything is everyone doning re: jet lag?? any suggestions?

Safe travels everyone we'll see you all on the 21st at sail away by the poolbar...i can't wait!!!!!

Deb and Rob:)

Arrived in Bentonville Arkansas for work on Sunday. Right in the middle of Tornados! One client had damage to her barn and carport, and then saw that the neighbor's house was completed blown away. Was kind of scary in the hotel. I kept thinking -- no, I can't be delayed this week -- I'm heading to Tahiti. Looks like weather for my trip home on Thursday could be rough. I'll make it home even if I have to drive!!! See you all next week.

The weather in Arkansas looks scary!! It was bad enough here in TN last night - some really bad storms, but no Tornadoes here. Hope your trip home is uneventful.

Deb - we wish you were coming early with us too!!! BUT ... you get those glorious days after the cruise - I only get one!!!

... quick question..what if anything is everyone doning re: jet lag?? any suggestions? ... Deb and Rob:)

I usually have jet lag going West to East. So we got Ambien to pop on the flight home. It's not that many time zone changes -- not as rough as from Australia. On the flight LAX to PPT we hope to be okay. Taking ginger to help on the ship. And other medicines too just in case.

Nancy,

Me too, I've attended several "official" ones, some better than others. We decided just on an informal meeting near the pool bar at sailaway. With the photoshow, we thought we could recognize each other. Some aren't arriving until late on Monday, so Tuesday seemed better and most everybody seems to be up around that deck during sailaway anyway. We'll probably head up after the Muester Drill.

Hope to see you!

Archived