INFORMATION please - Voyager of the Seas

Hi All

We are Aussies sailing on Voyager of the Seas from Barcelona to Dubai on 30th April this year. We are having a lot of trouble following threads/posts on the cruise critic site.

We will celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary on board the Voyager, the day after we set sail. We would like information/advice from any-one who can tell us when RCI (Voyager) usually hold there "Formal Nights" please. We would like to renew our vows on the ship (providing the cost is not excessive) on the 1st May and (like most brides) I would dearly love to wear my wedding gown again. As we were an "encore" bride and groom I do not mean a big white fufu gown. I wore an elegant full length gown and my husband wore a lounge suit. Can any-one tell us when the formal nights are held on Voyager? It would be so romantic if the formal night happened to be the day after sailing i.e. our anniversary. We could then go to dinner in our "wedding" attire.

If the vow renewal ceremony is too expensive, we would still be interested in finding a secluded spot on deck, renewing our vows and inviting any-one close by to join us in a glass of Champagne (or two). After all, we are legally married so we do not require any official procedure. We would just like to renew/repeat our vows and have some friendly passengers join us to celebrate our anniversary.

We appreciate any information/suggestions that can be offered.

Regards from Australia

Ann and David

Hello Ann. For a 7 night cruise, the formal nights are normally nights 2 and 6. Either way, I'm sure you can find someone to join you in your vow renewal. You should check with Royal Caribbean about the cost. I believe they have a whole department that is dedicated to weddings.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise!

From Royal Caribbean's website to give you an idea for pricing :)

Renew Your Vows: Celebrate All Over Again

In celebration of your wedding anniversary or just for a romantic surprise, Royal Romance can arrange a Vow Renewal Ceremony for your special occasion. To add to your celebration, you may add any of our enhancements or even a reception if you wish. Please note that this is not a legal ceremony; it is for sentimental purposes only.*

Royal Encore $595 USD**

# Ideal wedding location onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

# Memorable ceremony performed by your ship's Social Host.

# Romantic, recorded ceremony music.

# Simple, elegant bridal bouquet.

# Matching groom's boutonniere.

# Keepsake Royal Romance vow renewal certificate.

# Four (4) delectable Royal Romance chocolate-covered toasting strawberries for the bridal couple.

# Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony, strawberries and sparkling wine toast (one hour of service).

Please allow a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to sailing for Royal Romance to reserve your Vow Renewal ceremony. Arrangements for the time and location of your Vow Renewal will be coordinated by your Social Host once you are onboard. Unfortunately, requests for ceremonies on the day of sailing or on formal night cannot be granted.

* This is not a legal ceremony and couples with different last names will need to bring proof of marriage.

** Please contact your Royal Romance Wedding Consultant for the actual cost of the wedding or vow renewal package including possible surcharges or additional fees. Prices are subject to change without notice.

Hours

Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST. Contact a Royal Romance Wedding Consultant by phone, postal mail, e-mail or fax or download a brochure

Hello Ann. For a 7 night cruise, the formal nights are normally nights 2 and 6. Either way, I'm sure you can find someone to join you in your vow renewal. You should check with Royal Caribbean about the cost. I believe they have a whole department that is dedicated to weddings.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise!

Generally the second day will be a formal night ... so I'd say there is a good chance things will work the way you want them to.

It is not a standard cruise. It is part of the repositioning of the ship and is a 16 night cruise so there will be more than 2 formal nights.

Gosh, like2cruise that's very good of you to post the RCI information. Unfortunately, that is too expensive for us. As I mentioned earlier, perhaps we can find a spot to renew our vows and have a glass of champagne with some other passengers. I can't wait to wear my gown again :)

Hi All

We are Aussies sailing on Voyager of the Seas from Barcelona to Dubai on 30th April this year. We are having a lot of trouble following threads/posts on the cruise critic site.

We will celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary on board the Voyager, the day after we set sail. We would like information/advice from any-one who can tell us when RCI (Voyager) usually hold there "Formal Nights" please. We would like to renew our vows on the ship (providing the cost is not excessive) on the 1st May and (like most brides) I would dearly love to wear my wedding gown again. As we were an "encore" bride and groom I do not mean a big white fufu gown. I wore an elegant full length gown and my husband wore a lounge suit. Can any-one tell us when the formal nights are held on Voyager? It would be so romantic if the formal night happened to be the day after sailing i.e. our anniversary. We could then go to dinner in our "wedding" attire.

If the vow renewal ceremony is too expensive, we would still be interested in finding a secluded spot on deck, renewing our vows and inviting any-one close by to join us in a glass of Champagne (or two). After all, we are legally married so we do not require any official procedure. We would just like to renew/repeat our vows and have some friendly passengers join us to celebrate our anniversary.

We appreciate any information/suggestions that can be offered.

Regards from Australia

Ann and David

We are boarding Voyager tommorrow (1/21/12) for our 10th cruise on her. Voyager is one of our favorite ships. You should have a ball with all the sea days on that cruise not to mention Egypt! I will ask a few people if the schedule has been set yet but I can give you a 90% confidence that the 1st of May will be a formal night. If it isn't you can book Portifino and wear whatever you wish. I'll get back to you here on this thread if I can confirm the formal night. Another poster mentioned the chapel and it is very nice. Another cool spot is the heliport on the bow.....windy but special in its own way.

The romance package gets my vote also.

The anniversary decorations make your stateroom a little more festive for the entire cruise.

more to follow.....................

Thanks Petel, I'd love to hear any further suggestions you have. I'll look forward to hearing about your cruise. How are you enjoying it so far? If you find any suitable spots on the ship for us to renew our vows please let us know. Perhaps there is a (relatively :)) quiet area or bar ? Happy sailing !

Regards

Ann and David

Thanks Petel, I'd love to hear any further suggestions you have. I'll look forward to hearing about your cruise. How are you enjoying it so far? If you find any suitable spots on the ship for us to renew our vows please let us know. Perhaps there is a (relatively :)) quiet area or bar ? Happy sailing !

Regards

Ann and David

Nothing I said previously has changed. Unless something unusual happens the first sea night is formal. Most of the people in the key positions that I know will be off the ship by your cruise so everything is subject to change(but usually doesn't.)

My last suggestion is that when you board the ship go to the Guest Services desk and ask for help in getting your vows renewed. There may be a clergy member on board who will arrange a time and place with your approval. Sometimes RCI invites chaplins to cruise.

Whatever you decide just know that the Voyager staff and crew are amoung the best in the industry!! :)

Nothing I said previously has changed. Unless something unusual happens the first sea night is formal. Most of the people in the key positions that I know will be off the ship by your cruise so everything is subject to change(but usually doesn't.)

My last suggestion is that when you board the ship go to the Guest Services desk and ask for help in getting your vows renewed. There may be a clergy member on board who will arrange a time and place with your approval. Sometimes RCI invites chaplins to cruise.

Whatever you decide just know that the Voyager staff and crew are amoung the best in the industry!! :)

Hi Petel

So nice to hear from you. Thank you so much for your recent posting and for your very helpful suggestions. Do you or Mrs Petel happen to know the day spa prices? We thought it would be nice to have a manicure or hair treatment etc on our anniversary. Although I have seen a spa menu, I did not see any prices. Are you able to tell me if there are robes provided in a balcony stateroom and any information you can pass on about the wine packages would be greatly appreciated. We have read about the packages but there are no prices or quantities listed. It's very reassuring to know that the staff and crew aboard the Voyager are so well respected.

Thanks again for your help. With so many cruises on Voyager you must be experts by now :). Where did you cruise too?

Regards

Ann

Hi Petel

So nice to hear from you. Thank you so much for your recent posting and for your very helpful suggestions. Do you or Mrs Petel happen to know the day spa prices? We thought it would be nice to have a manicure or hair treatment etc on our anniversary. Although I have seen a spa menu, I did not see any prices. Are you able to tell me if there are robes provided in a balcony stateroom and any information you can pass on about the wine packages would be greatly appreciated. We have read about the packages but there are no prices or quantities listed. It's very reassuring to know that the staff and crew aboard the Voyager are so well respected.

Thanks again for your help. With so many cruises on Voyager you must be experts by now :). Where did you cruise too?

Regards

Ann

I don't have the info with me right now but I'll look at what I brought home and see if the prices are quoted. The spa prices are subject to change and there are specials daily - especially port days.

As for the wine packages I know nothing! :( Sorry. BUT, I can tell you that the wine can be either delivered to your stateroom or main dinning room table (you can choose on line) and you can either leave it in the MDR or take it with you to your stateroom. The wait staff in the MDR does a great job of keeping your glass full. In fact, the MDR staff does a great job of just about everything all of the time. IMHO :)

On our latest VY cruise we visited Cosumel, Mexico; Grand Caymen; and Fall Mouth, Jamica.

The robes - balcony - no, not unless you are diamond plus.

I'll get back to you soon with prices that I find.

Cheers

I don't have the info with me right now but I'll look at what I brought home and see if the prices are quoted. The spa prices are subject to change and there are specials daily - especially port days.

As for the wine packages I know nothing! :( Sorry. BUT, I can tell you that the wine can be either delivered to your stateroom or main dinning room table (you can choose on line) and you can either leave it in the MDR or take it with you to your stateroom. The wait staff in the MDR does a great job of keeping your glass full. In fact, the MDR staff does a great job of just about everything all of the time. IMHO :)

On our latest VY cruise we visited Cosumel, Mexico; Grand Caymen; and Fall Mouth, Jamica.

The robes - balcony - no, not unless you are diamond plus.

I'll get back to you soon with prices that I find.

Cheers

Thanks again. When you have time it would be great to get a heads up (pardon the pun) on spa services. In particular, manicure/pedicure and hair styling. Sounds like you visited some fabulous ports.

Best wishes

Ann

Archived