Switched to Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

EpcotBill

I had a Park & Cruise reservation at Comfort Inn & Suites for this Friday. After reading several reports about it being an old, rundown, smelly hotel I changed my reservation to Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach.

It's costing me more money and I don't know if it will be better but I feel relieved that I made the switch. I hope I did the right thing.

I had a Park & Cruise reservation at Comfort Inn & Suites for this Friday. After reading several reports about it being an old, rundown, smelly hotel I changed my reservation to Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach.

It's costing me more money and I don't know if it will be better but I feel relieved that I made the switch. I hope I did the right thing.

We switched our reservation to this Hampton Inn too - please let me know your experience and satisfaction with the hotel and the package...and have a great cruise! :)

I'm here now. Hampton Inn is old but clean, the room is big, everything works. We have a nice ocean view. I already paid for the park & cruise so the car is staying here. I'll let you know how the shuttle works out when I return. Thanks for your input.:)

• 2 weeks later...

The transportation to and from the cruise was very inefficient. We had to check in at a podium in the hotel lobby in the morning. Hundreds of people and their luggage crowded the tiny lobby waiting to check in. We were given numbers when we checked in and we were to listen for our number and then proceed to the bus. Instead of keeping a separate sheet for each ship they just wrote down names and gave numbers in the order you checked in. There were several buses and they all had passengers for all four ships in port. Each bus had to go to each cruise terminal. If they kept a sheet for each ship they could have avoided a lot of wasted time and fuel.

Our return wasn’t any better. We got off the ship and went to the pre-arranged transportation area. We were asked which hotel we were going to and directed to our bus. We sat on the bus for 25 minutes before they had enough people. We were going to 3 different hotels, ours being the last. The luggage was loaded under the bus in no particular order. This made for a mess finding luggage for the first hotel that was behind luggage for the second and third hotels. After the second hotel our driver made a wrong turn and made a dangerous and illegal u-turn. From the time we sat down on the bus until we got off it was over 90 minutes. That’s a lot of wasted time.

The concept of Park & Cruise sounds like a good idea in theory but it’s a lousy idea in practice. There was way too much time wasted both ways. Some people might like it because you don’t have to do anything except get on the bus and get off the bus. It was my first time and my last. I’ll never do that again. In the future I’ll just drive myself to an off-port parking lot.

at park n cruise. We got there and the line was out the gate. Finally we got through the line and had to wait about 15 min for shuttle. We got there about 10:30 and it was about 11:30 before we got to the ship. When we got off the ship, we missed the shuttle and had to wait about 30 min for the next one. Got off ship at 830, at waiting area about 8:45 and didn't get back to parking lot until 9:30. Hopefully it was an "off" week for them after the good reviews I had reead

Stayed there a couple of years ago. Our room was terrible, it was old and stunk. The shuttle operated efficiently, and we parked there for the week. I think there is a Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites that is newer and nearer to the Port. I would not stay there again. The first room we had the a/c didn't work, the next room it worked but was in very poor condition. We had five rooms rented in our group, they were all in similar condition.

Archived