Kids' Club & Family Activities on Celebrity - your opinions?

CarolinaMamma

We are booked on Celebirty Infinity in August for an Alaska cruise out of Seattle. The itinerary has a lot of "at sea" time, and I am wondering what our days will look like, especially for the kids.

I have never cruised with kids, but am wondering what the kids' clubs on Celebrity are like. My sister has cruised on Disney and RCCL and said that at their kids' clubs, the kids are pretty much plugged in to video games the whole time, which is NOT what we want. Can anyone tell us what the activities are like (my kids will be 12, 8 and 6, my sister's kids will be 11, 9 and 3). I am also curious if they always have access to video games, because given a choice of a scavenger hunt or video games,l my kids would choose the video games every time. Again, not what we want, at least not for hours at a time.

I am also wondering what activities we can do together as a family on sea days, because we are not the type to dump our kids in the kids' club all day and go on a drinking binge. It looks like the only indoor pool on Infinity is adults-only and that it will be too cold to swim in the outdoor pool. I found a thread from last summer with the dailies, and many of the "talks" to try to sell spa products, jewelry, etc. would not interest us. The talks about Alaska look great. We'd also be interested in the galley tour and some of the cooking demos, but it's not clear whether kids can participate in those. I'm sure we will have a lot of fun just exploring the ship, and we may take them to some of t shows. What other activities are there for families to do together?

Thanks.

Emily

We did 2 cruises on the Mercury back in 2010 with our kids (then 7 and 9) and they had lots of wonderful activities for the kids besides video games. We did family bingo, a family scavenger hunt, and family disco night for a few of the family activities. They also had lots of arts and crafts, which dd really enjoyed. The cruises were 10 and 12 day trips so there were fewer kids on board, which gave the kids better activities and more attention than the shorter cruises.

Our kids have sailed RCI/Princess/NCL/Costa/MSC as well as Celebrity and they really enjoyed the kids club. However, DS really enjoys all the extras on RCI but we enjoy the service and staff on Celebrity! When he's paying maybe we'll go back on RCI. :D

The kids are already looking forward to our upcoming Summit cruise.

Archived